Why do you not believe in Jesus even though there is historical and evidence?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 15, 2014, 08:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 08:38:55 AM
There is also scientific proof watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRY-QSPAn7M
Are you a troll, a poe, or a fucking moron? Fast talking, baseless assumptions, and undeserved smugness may impress you, but I'm not an infant or a vegetable so I'm a bit hard to impress.

This video assumes several things:
1. That information can't arise from natural processes:

Bullshit, absolute fucking bullshit. Study chemistry, geology, or any fucking thing and you'll see that order, information, whatever you want to call it arises all the fucking time in nature. The narrator in the video calls it random because he's a fucking idiot. There are physical laws at play here and you call that random? Fuck you.

2. The universe couldn't have come from nothing, therefore God:

First off if something can't come from nothing then where did God come from? If he's eternal why can't the universe be? An eternally expanding and collapsing universe sounds better than your bullshit. Also on the quantum level stuff pops outta nothing all the time, then it pops right back outta existence, it's why you can't have a true vacuum. As long as the end result is the same amount of energy there's no problem with shit popping in and out of existence, quantum physics is fucking weird.

3. Bible blah blah blah:

Even if the first two idiotic points proved the existence of a deity, what evidence is there that it's Yahweh? It could just as easily be The Celestial Teapot.

That retarded video is evidence of nothing but the existence of stupid people.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mermaid

That guy smacks of a carnival hawker.

That isn't science, it's comedy.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

leo

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 15, 2014, 11:49:23 AM
Tell me, Walker...  How often do you crap and fart?

Sent via your mom

Yeah I second this. Walker how often do you crap and fart?
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

PickelledEggs

I just actually watched that.... I think it gave me an aneurysm from the massive ramble of stupidity. Excuse me while I go to the hospital...  :toilet:

Hydra009

Why don't you believe in Zeus even though he's totally real?  /thread

stromboli

I actually felt the blood draining from my brain while watching.

Jason78

Quote from: Mermaid on April 15, 2014, 07:54:28 PM
That guy smacks of a carnival hawker.

That isn't science, it's comedy.

It doesn't help that the entire thing is done in an american accent. 

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

JohnD

I havent watched the vid but i'm just going by the title and comments here. Whether Jesus existed or not makes little difference. There are leading Athiests who will accept there was a Jesus. The important point is his claim to being the son of a God, just another one of thousands of claimants to the 'son of God' title.

I remember when David Icke came out on TV and claimed to be the son of God, that screwed his career up. He made quite a few predictions that eventually came true so he probably has more credibility than Jesus.

I think it was Christopher Hitchens who said that if they had mental asylums during the time of Christ, Christianity wouldn't exist today.
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

stromboli

Do you keep sentient DNA in an aquarium? A test tube? I'm confused. :think:

Jason78

Quote from: JohnD on April 22, 2014, 05:14:43 PM
I remember when David Icke came out on TV and claimed to be the son of God, that screwed his career up.

He's got about 14 books out and makes a small fortune from doing the american convention circuit.  I don't think he's short of a bob or two.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

ApostateLois

Oh, great, another video about the "something can't come from nothing" argument. But that is EXACTLY what the creationists believe! They believe that one moment, there was nothing, and the next moment, God poofed it into existence with his magic skills. Genesis indicates that God made all life OUT OF NOTHING. It is the creationists who believe in something-came-from-nothing, so why are they on our case about it? Prove to me that the world and all of its life came into existence the way the Bible says it did. Show me the rock strata full of fossils of ALL the species on Earth, suddenly coming into being as if from the hand of a wish-granting genie. No creationist can do this because that kind of evidence DOES NOT EXIST. I have posted this request at least a dozen times on a Facebook group, and all of the creationists ignore it.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"