News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Favorite Beer

Started by ChrissyFos1, April 22, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 13, 2016, 04:32:02 AM
Well, how can you be in 2 places at once if your not anywhere at all?
That was the first FT album I ever heard, and slipping Zeno's Paradox into the background of a dense audio portrait hooked me.  Then I listened to the other side and was safely nailed into place as a Firehead.

Edit: True story: I went to Catholic grade school, and during art class we students took turns bringing in an album to listen to while working on our projects.  My turns ended when I brought in "Everything You Know Is Wrong".  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

It's a "meh" beer, but if I'm just at a bar I'll normally grab this rather than drop $6+ on some small bottle of craft beer. It's local and from the part of the state my dad's family immigrated from Germany and the Czechoslovakia to, so it's more symbolic than rather, "Ooo I really like it.".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

shiner bock taste terrible

Mr.Obvious

Don't know about shiner;

But these bocks ain't half bad:

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on November 23, 2016, 04:21:14 PM
shiner bock taste terrible

It's better than any American corporate beers, and it's cheap. It's also fresher since I live about an hour from Shiner.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on November 23, 2016, 05:19:26 PM
It's better than any American corporate beers, and it's cheap. It's also fresher since I live about an hour from Shiner.

American berr is piss yes, but shiner tastes like piss too. Drink a belgian or amber ale i would say

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on November 24, 2016, 12:43:35 AM
American berr is piss yes, but shiner tastes like piss too. Drink a belgian or amber ale i would say

Again, when I am at a bar I don't want to drop $8.00+ to get a "good" beer in a bottle half the size of a $3.00 Shiner. The closest is the little hipster bar's happy hour, where they sale several Texan crafts, in pitchers, for $4.00. Good beer + a decent price is always nice. I don't go to bars to enjoy beer, I go to bars to listen to loud music and get drunk.

If I am at home, I am going to go with real beer; beer straight from Bavaria and the Czech Republic. The Belgians are good, but they are amateurs when it comes to competing with a Bavarian Hefeweiser or an actual Czech pilsner.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shiranu on November 24, 2016, 01:32:41 AM
The Belgians are good, but they are amateurs when it comes to competing with a Bavarian Hefeweiser or an actual Czech pilsner.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 22, 2016, 06:51:30 PM
That was the first FT album I ever heard, and slipping Zeno's Paradox into the background of a dense audio portrait hooked me.  Then I listened to the other side and was safely nailed into place as a Firehead.

Edit: True story: I went to Catholic grade school, and during art class we students took turns bringing in an album to listen to while working on our projects.  My turns ended when I brought in "Everything You Know Is Wrong".  :D

I have a sudden urge to listen to all the records...  Hello Georgie Tirebiter,  Nick Danger, and all the Nirobians!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Oh praise Bob, Columbus Brewing is making their red Scottish ale again!  The long national nightmare is over!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on January 08, 2017, 03:50:33 AM
Oh praise Bob, Columbus Brewing is making their red Scottish ale again!  The long national nightmare is over!

Is Wild Goose India Pale Ale available anywhere?

Mr.Obvious

I'm doing a month without alcohol.

You're all vile temptresses!

AllPurposeAtheist

I can remember the time when the choice was between cheap shit beer, 12 cans or bottles for a buck 99 or the expensive shit, 3 bucks 99 all made in one or two breweries around the country. Budweiser was the king of beers and since the rest of the beers were pretty much shit nobody really noticed that Budweiser was just slightly less shitty. Now Budweiser is about as shitty as shitty gets. The last time I bought a 6 pack of it I took one sip and left the rest in the bathroom at the YMCA in Columbus Ohio. 
Ahhh, the good old days when the only choice you had to make was shit or just slightly less shitty.
I chose to quit drinking. I don't miss the all day hangovers..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 17, 2017, 07:51:56 AM
Is Wild Goose India Pale Ale available anywhere?
I've seen it but not tried it.  I'm not especially an IPA fan.  I'll drink 'em if they have 'em, but I don't seek them out.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on February 17, 2017, 11:17:09 AM
I've seen it but not tried it.  I'm not especially an IPA fan.  I'll drink 'em if they have 'em, but I don't seek them out.

A pale ale on a hot day is great.  That's why they created it.  For the British in India where it is hot.