News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Favorite Beer

Started by ChrissyFos1, April 22, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylar

I like IPAs. My favorite is a local brew, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA.

I like some Hefe too. German stuff.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 14, 2015, 03:06:58 AM
Something I drank in Munich. That's stuff is dangerous. You don't feel that fullness you usually get from beer. You can drink it like tons ffs. Also it's delicious.

And a type of dark beer I tasted in a little beer festival in a town in the Western US. It had rum flavour.

These names may ring a bell for ya:

Franziskaner, Weihenstephaner, Erdinger, Paulener

Top notch stuff.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

I've had the alcoholic root beer, which isn't bad, and which might make an interesting float in the summer except that there's some flavor in the background that isn't going to play nice with vanilla ice cream, so some serious research might be necessary.

If you're in central Ohio, I can always recommend Hoster's.  Otherwise, generally speaking I'm a Guinness man.

Of which there is cake -- Chocolate Guinness Cake:

It was life-altering.   :13:
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Sal1981

Leffe Blond

But I usually drink Føroya Bjór Gull

Sylar

For all you Guinness connoisseurs, have you ever tried dark chocolate or chocolate cheese with Guinness? It's great!
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

trdsf

Quote from: Sylar on December 13, 2015, 01:53:58 AM
For all you Guinness connoisseurs, have you ever tried dark chocolate or chocolate cheese with Guinness? It's great!
And, as indicated, chocolate cake.  The Guinness adds a subtle smokiness that plays so very nicely with the chocolate.  And it's moist, moist, moist -- so amazingly good.  I really need to make another one.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

TrueStory

Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Cavebear

Quote from: TrueStory on October 14, 2016, 04:23:21 PM
I've not tried it but I like the name, Atheist Ale.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20161004/atheist-ale-debuts-in-sarasota

I asked around, but no local distributor carries it...  Pity.  That would be one great beer to serve to some friends.  I like IPA!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Don't drink a lot of beer these days, but when I do I try to patronize one of our local craft breweries Straight to Ale. In order I like their Monkeynaut IPA, Unobtainium old ale, Laika Russian stout, and Lilly Flagg milk stout.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Cavebear

If I ever brew beer myself, I'll label it "Bear Whiz Beer" (its in the water, son, that's why it's yellow) after Firesign Theater.  And I'm probably dating myself (but who else would?).

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 05:49:38 AM
If I ever brew beer myself, I'll label it "Bear Whiz Beer" (its in the water, son, that's why it's yellow) after Firesign Theater.  And I'm probably dating myself (but who else would?).
Do you have to inflate your shoes first, Mr. Tirebiter?
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on October 15, 2015, 06:56:11 AM
i like strong beer.
girls drink %5 alcohol.

Most of the beer in your country has 5 % alcohol. The two same shit with high alcohol made to compete of two brands taste like piss of a man who died of a massive gangren wound.

What is this strong beer you like in Turkey?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 05:49:38 AM
You get a like just for knowing Firesign Theatre (and yes, I'd decided that if I ever home brewed, I'd call it the same thing).  :D

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 11, 2016, 07:39:53 PM
You get a like just for knowing Firesign Theatre (and yes, I'd decided that if I ever home brewed, I'd call it the same thing).  :D

Well, how can you be in 2 places at once if your not anywhere at all?

Antelope Freeway, 1/2 mile...

Antelope Freeway, 1/4 mile...

Antelope Freeway, 1/8th mile...

Antelope Freeway, 1/16th mile .

And if you lived here, you'ld be home by now!

Antelope Freeway, 1/32nd mile...

But I'll stop...  Or maybe not

Antelope Freeway, 1/64th of a mile...

Antelope Freeway, 1/128th of a mile...

Antelope Freeway, 1/254th of a mile...