Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 7631 times)

Offline trdsf

Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2016, 06:51:30 PM »
Well, how can you be in 2 places at once if your not anywhere at all?
That was the first FT album I ever heard, and slipping Zeno's Paradox into the background of a dense audio portrait hooked me.  Then I listened to the other side and was safely nailed into place as a Firehead.

Edit: True story: I went to Catholic grade school, and during art class we students took turns bringing in an album to listen to while working on our projects.  My turns ended when I brought in "Everything You Know Is Wrong".  :D
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck." -- Welcome to Night Vale

Online Shiranu

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2016, 01:23:07 AM »

It's a "meh" beer, but if I'm just at a bar I'll normally grab this rather than drop $6+ on some small bottle of craft beer. It's local and from the part of the state my dad's family immigrated from Germany and the Czechoslovakia to, so it's more symbolic than rather, "Ooo I really like it.".
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:09:59 AM by Shiranu »
"Too curious flower, watching us pass, met death; Our hungry donkey." - Basho

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2016, 04:21:14 PM »
shiner bock taste terrible

Online Mr.Obvious

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2016, 05:03:54 PM »
Don't know about shiner;

But these bocks ain't half bad:

E = Mc²

In the end, we are all standing in the dark,
trying to figure out why we are here.
But let us not choose one direction
without proof of where it is headed.

Check your pocket for matches
so we can observe and learn together
as fast friends and relative idiots.

Online Shiranu

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2016, 05:19:26 PM »
shiner bock taste terrible

It's better than any American corporate beers, and it's cheap. It's also fresher since I live about an hour from Shiner.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2016, 12:43:35 AM »
It's better than any American corporate beers, and it's cheap. It's also fresher since I live about an hour from Shiner.

American berr is piss yes, but shiner tastes like piss too. Drink a belgian or amber ale i would say

Online Shiranu

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2016, 01:32:41 AM »
American berr is piss yes, but shiner tastes like piss too. Drink a belgian or amber ale i would say

Again, when I am at a bar I don't want to drop $8.00+ to get a "good" beer in a bottle half the size of a $3.00 Shiner. The closest is the little hipster bar's happy hour, where they sale several Texan crafts, in pitchers, for $4.00. Good beer + a decent price is always nice. I don't go to bars to enjoy beer, I go to bars to listen to loud music and get drunk.

If I am at home, I am going to go with real beer; beer straight from Bavaria and the Czech Republic. The Belgians are good, but they are amateurs when it comes to competing with a Bavarian Hefeweiser or an actual Czech pilsner.

Online Mr.Obvious

« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2016, 03:04:55 AM »
The Belgians are good, but they are amateurs when it comes to competing with a Bavarian Hefeweiser or an actual Czech pilsner.

E = Mc²

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2016, 03:37:09 AM »
That was the first FT album I ever heard, and slipping Zeno's Paradox into the background of a dense audio portrait hooked me.  Then I listened to the other side and was safely nailed into place as a Firehead.

Edit: True story: I went to Catholic grade school, and during art class we students took turns bringing in an album to listen to while working on our projects.  My turns ended when I brought in "Everything You Know Is Wrong".  :D

I have a sudden urge to listen to all the records...  Hello Georgie Tirebiter,  Nick Danger, and all the Nirobians!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead

Offline trdsf

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2017, 03:50:33 AM »
Oh praise Bob, Columbus Brewing is making their red Scottish ale again!  The long national nightmare is over!
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck." -- Welcome to Night Vale

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2017, 07:51:56 AM »
Oh praise Bob, Columbus Brewing is making their red Scottish ale again!  The long national nightmare is over!

Is Wild Goose India Pale Ale available anywhere?

Online Mr.Obvious

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2017, 10:10:52 AM »
I'm doing a month without alcohol.

You're all vile temptresses!
E = Mc²

Offline AllPurposeAtheist

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2017, 10:32:51 AM »
I can remember the time when the choice was between cheap shit beer, 12 cans or bottles for a buck 99 or the expensive shit, 3 bucks 99 all made in one or two breweries around the country. Budweiser was the king of beers and since the rest of the beers were pretty much shit nobody really noticed that Budweiser was just slightly less shitty. Now Budweiser is about as shitty as shitty gets. The last time I bought a 6 pack of it I took one sip and left the rest in the bathroom at the YMCA in Columbus Ohio. 
Ahhh, the good old days when the only choice you had to make was shit or just slightly less shitty.
I chose to quit drinking. I don't miss the all day hangovers..
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:37:45 AM by AllPurposeAtheist »
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Offline trdsf

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »
Is Wild Goose India Pale Ale available anywhere?
I've seen it but not tried it.  I'm not especially an IPA fan.  I'll drink 'em if they have 'em, but I don't seek them out.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2017, 04:49:17 AM »
I've seen it but not tried it.  I'm not especially an IPA fan.  I'll drink 'em if they have 'em, but I don't seek them out.

A pale ale on a hot day is great.  That's why they created it.  For the British in India where it is hot.