News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Favorite Beer

Started by ChrissyFos1, April 22, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jutter

The Netherlands is like this beer-epicentre. German brews to the east. Belgian gold to the south. British ales from across the pond. And the land of Heineken and Grolsch smack in the middle. If you like beer, it's good to be a dutchman.

Some other belgian beers to consider: Verboden vrucht, Duvel, Het elfde gebod, Hoegaarden Grand Cru, Speciale Palm, Geuze Lambik
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Youssuf Ramadan

Duvel... Christ... my New Zealander mate summed that one up when he said, "It's loik drinkin' a fackin' hand grenade." 

Damn straight - A few of them and you know you've had a beer...  :jook:

Mr.Obvious

Duvel is one fine beer, but it's got nothing on westmalle.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 15, 2014, 04:38:56 PM
Duvel is one fine beer, but it's got nothing on westmalle.

I've yet to try that one.  I shall investigate....

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Jutter on September 15, 2014, 03:59:37 PM
Said it before and Iĺl say it again. Irish Stout has to be THE least beer-tasting brew I ever drank. Calling Guinness your favorite beer, is on par with saying you don't like beer.

Shiranu already posted the Trappist beers. Brewn by monks. There's a dutch one he left out (La Trappe) brewn near Tilburgh where my dad grew up.  The cream of the crop imho  is the Rochefort though. Brewing perfection! the no 10 is the quadruppel which went through 4 fermentation cycles.

religious devotion applied to beerbrewing can really put one's antitheism to the test.

Actually, there's ten of them, 6 in Belgium, 1 in Austria, 1 in America and 2 in the Netherlands (don't forget about the newcomers: St. Joseph & Zundert).
I showed Shiranu the 6 Belgian ones because he seemed to enjoy Chimay so :p

PickelledEggs

Still my favorite beer. I have yet to come across one I like better than this.

Jutter

I come from Den Helder, Where the ferry to the isle of Texel starts it's brief journey. And Texel has a nice brewery

For the dutch posters... give beer from Texel a try. It's pretty good.
Is there a local microbrew you're impressed by?

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Jutter

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Jutter on September 15, 2014, 05:04:51 PM
I come from Den Helder, Where the ferry to the isle of Texel starts it's brief journey. And Texel has a nice brewery

For the dutch posters... give beer from Texel a try. It's pretty good.
Is there a local microbrew you're impressed by?
I've never even seen that. I'll have to take a look.

I've had a decent local amber ale from Rosoe's Hop House. They also make a decent Belgian white that I prefer to Blue Moon. They're based out of Rochester NY, so not really "close", but it is the next state North of me. Rochester is about a 6 hr drive from where I am...  Lol

Sent from your mom

Jutter

Also can I get a "FUCK YEAH!!" for motherfucking BOCKBEERS?

Jutter

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 15, 2014, 05:28:09 PM
I've never even seen that. I'll have to take a look.

I've had a decent local amber ale from Rosoe's Hop House. They also make a decent Belgian white that I prefer to Blue Moon. They're based out of Rochester NY, so not really "close", but it is the next state North of me. Rochester is about a 6 hr drive from where I am...  Lol

Sent from your mom

It's a local brew, and I be surprised if you can get it in other corners of the Netherlands like Limburg or Zeeland... let alone outside the country.

Green Bottle

Of all the beers iv'e tried, an there's been loads, this is still ma fav....

I found this cheeky wee beer a cpla weeks ago an its nobad, iffa say so maself...

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Mr.Obvious

Stella is great, but if you haven't yet, you should try it's main competitor.

I prefer jupiler myself, but am glad Stella is going more and more global.

SGOS

I don't drink beer anymore, but just looking at this thread suggests something I've always believed whole heartedly:  Any beer that represents quality and a good taste, doesn't come in a can. 

I made that observation at a college party one time to a bunch of people that were each on their tenth or twelfth can of beer, and they just looked at me foggy brained like what I said didn't register.  It would seem the point of drinking beer was just to get shit faced, which partly explains why they were all drinking Lucky Lager and Great Falls Select.

Youssuf Ramadan

Yeah, gotta second that.  Bottled beer is where it's at for me too.     O0