Started by ChrissyFos1, April 22, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deidre32

Not much of a beer drinker but when I do...it's Corona
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Baruch

Quote from: Deidre32 on July 20, 2017, 12:03:27 PM
Not much of a beer drinker but when I do...it's Corona

I am not a beer drinker either.  But as the "world's most interesting theist" ... I am disappointed your beer isn't Dos Equis ;-)  For me, only Guinness and only with fish and chips.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

My favorite beer is none.  It's all swill.  In college I found that after the 3/4 one, they all tasted good.  And they continued to taste good until I passed out.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

I do like a Corona.  Picked up a pumpkin pie hard cider, to which it turns out I am largely indifferent.  I wouldn't turn one down if offered, but I wouldn't actively seek it out.  It is very much a mildly alcoholic, carbonated shrug of the shoulders.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Colanth

For me, anything with enough hops to run the bitterness off the scale.  At the moment it's Aviator (a local NC brewery) Hog Wild.  Not quite hoppy enough for me, but I no longer brew my own, so I have to drink what's available.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Deidre32

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2017, 06:41:28 PM
I am not a beer drinker either.  But as the "world's most interesting theist" ... I am disappointed your beer isn't Dos Equis ;-)  For me, only Guinness and only with fish and chips.
hahahaha I laughed out loud. :D ''world's most interesting theist.''

I'm not a theist anymore. ;=)

ETA, wait are you referring to yourself? I just noticed you tagged yourself as ''free thinking theist.'' This is a thread for another time. lol

Baruch

Quote from: Deidre32 on July 21, 2017, 03:02:52 PM
hahahaha I laughed out loud. :D ''world's most interesting theist.''

I'm not a theist anymore. ;=)

ETA, wait are you referring to yourself? I just noticed you tagged yourself as ''free thinking theist.'' This is a thread for another time. lol

Yes, referring to myself, but more handsome than the old Dos Equis guy ... not just more interesting ;-p
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

At 16, any beer I could get was good.

At 17, I drank the least bad really cheap beer I could get.

At 18, I went off to college and had to drink even cheaper beer.  Old Reingold Chug-A-Mug.  Wide throat top so it could go down faster.

At 21, having a job and pay, I drank my Dad's brand, Budweiser.

At 25,  I discovered better beers.  Not much better, but I was earning a bit more then.

At 35, I was drinking Heineken and Moosehead.

At 45, I discovered India Pale Ales.  Wild Goose India Pale Ale was the finest beer I ever drank in hot weather and Moosehead (to me) was the best routinely.

At 50, I realized that "routinely" was not really a very good idea.

At 55, I switched to wine because I just didn't drink all that much of it.  I like reds and tried a lot of brands.  I settled on 'Twisted Zin' zinfandel.  I drink a couple glasses with dinner and that's about it. 

At 67, I haven't changed...  When I think of how much I used to drink, I'm amazed I am still alive.  I don't plan to drink less, but I sure won't drink more ever again.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Deidre32

Quote from: Baruch on July 21, 2017, 09:27:22 PM
Yes, referring to myself, but more handsome than the old Dos Equis guy ... not just more interesting ;-p
and...more modest ^_^

I forgot about Blue Moon, I like that beer if I'm in the mood for one.

Shiranu

Tried some Santa Fe Happy Camper IPA yesterday. It was solid, probably not worth the price, but I had to show some home state pride and... I mean... just look at that damn can!

Beautiful.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on July 24, 2017, 09:23:41 PM
Tried some Santa Fe Happy Camper IPA yesterday. It was solid, probably not worth the price, but I had to show some home state pride and... I mean... just look at that damn can!

Beautiful.
It would be if you'd take that ugly can and glass filled with river water away!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SoldierofFortune

I wanna be intoxicated by any alcoholic drink.
The only way that satifies me is to be drunk but this cannot last foreva...
If all the things dont go right, go left : )
OK i am turning, everything is gonna be allright amenois