Are people who doubt their own existence retarded?

Started by rex, April 20, 2014, 09:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: rex on April 20, 2014, 12:52:21 PM
Maybe. I'm not sure what point they are trying to bring up.
Do the words double speak mean anything to you? You don't really need a point with double speak as long as people buy the bullshit.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

phattmatt

Quote from: rex on April 20, 2014, 09:04:25 AM
How can you doubt existence of something which must exist in order to doubt?

I would say insane, not retarted.  If you don't exist than that hottie doesn't exist, neither does her family, so if you're ted bundy, you might as well act on your desire to rape and murder and necrophilia, cuz you don't exist in the first place!   :rotflmao:

Solitary

It should be I exist physically and have a brain, therefore I think I am. Who is the I doing the thinking I am? We are conscious beings because we have a material existence, we are conscious which is real, but the we that we think we are is an illusion, but a very persistent one unless you get brain damage or put under anesthesia. This idea of a mind (or soul) without a physical body is the idea that they are separate things when they are not from black and white thinking, just like arguing about inherent or learned behavior, when it can be from both. This is not logical thinking. When we have a pain in our toe, is it in the toe or the mind, or both? The physical world is self evident, the mind or soul without a body is not.   Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

step 1: read this thread title

step 2: Laugh really hard

:lol: :lol:

Solitary

Quote from: rex on April 20, 2014, 09:04:25 AM
How can you doubt existence of something which must exist in order to doubt?

This is a very good question because it depends on what is meant by existing and doubt. The existence of something that is physical is self evident, but the existence of mental workings is not unless it is shown to be true from neurology. When you are unconscious do you still exist mentally? Isn't it obvious that in order to think or doubt you have to be conscious mentally and exist physically.  Solitary

stromboli

So if you doubt your own existence and jump to a conclusion, where do you land?  :think:

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on May 20, 2014, 03:21:05 PM
So if you doubt your own existence and jump to a conclusion, where do you land?  :think:

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on May 20, 2014, 03:35:45 PM

I'm not sure which is more disturbing- how accurate that response is or how fast you got it on here.  :eek:

Green Bottle

Quote from: stromboli on April 20, 2014, 11:27:05 AM
So instead of "I think, therefore I am," its I think, therefore oh wait, maybe not?

I think,   therefore i think i need a drink   :jook:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on May 20, 2014, 03:41:03 PM
I'm not sure which is more disturbing- how accurate that response is or how fast you got it on here.  :eek:

Heeee.... I'mmmmmaaaa.... slooooowwwwwasssss... aasaaa... turturturtlllle.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solitary

I think therefore I am, myself is I, it is me I think.  :doh: :think: Oh fuck it!  :butt: :eyes: :pidu: Solitary

Shiranu

Learned about this in philosophy... unfortunately near the beginning of the class, which made it impossible to take anything seriously after that. Such a goofy position to take.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

phattmatt