News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Present Evidence Here II

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, February 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

The gods of Egypt thank you.  Now get out of the way of the scarab beetle so that she can push the Sun across the sky ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Had an eidetic dream last night.  Yes, that is subjective.  Not only saw my recently departed mother, but we touched hands (I felt it).  Helps with the grieving.

People who think science is 18th or 19the century, who think time is linear ... are obsolete by over 100 years now.

So no, I don't believe in an afterlife ... but I do experience that time is non-linear, and that reality is subjective and humanistic (given than I am an individual human, I can't do otherwise).  Platonists claim to be trans-human and objective ... but then they are nuts.

So no, this doesn't prove G-d.  But it does show that autistic people are narrow minded boobs.  I feel sorry for them, to be confined in a mental nut shell and to consider themselves masters of the universe.  Hamlet that.  If Hamlet had gotten more help from his father's ghost, maybe he could have both gotten revenge and survived to be king of Denmark.

Hamlet only a story?  All human experience is a human story, that each of us is writing ad lib.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Hey Admins, you can unpin this thread any time.  It's dead...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

All dogs go to heaven, and all threads have an afterlife (at least in an NSA server).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2017, 11:51:23 PM
All dogs go to heaven, and all threads have an afterlife (at least in an NSA server).
Yeah--but you have to go over The Rainbow Bridge to get to them.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 12, 2017, 10:32:53 AM
Yeah--but you have to go over The Rainbow Bridge to get to them.

Thor works for the NSA?  Cool!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah - the Norse Sons of Asgaard.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

I'm a mixed breed.  Part of it is Scandinavian in the early 19th century.  Just don't go berserker on me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 12, 2017, 07:00:58 PM
I'm a mixed breed.  Part of it is Scandinavian in the early 19th century.  Just don't go berserker on me.

One might Loki a joke and Balder-snatch a yew arrow...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

cabinetmaker

Good afternoon.  Its been a while since I've been here, a good long while.

This thread asks me to post evidence for God.  I find this an interesting request as it assumes that there must be proof for something to be real.  Can you prove to me that you love your mother?  Can you prove to me you love your significant other?  Can you prove to me that friendship is even possible?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: cabinetmaker on January 25, 2018, 03:41:52 PM

Sure it was. Who were you?
Make an intro, why don't ya?
Tell us about who you are.

And hopefully, who you aren't.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

This thread asks me to post evidence for God.  I find this an interesting request as it assumes that there must be proof for something to be real.  Can you prove to me that you love your mother?  Can you prove to me you love your significant other?  Can you prove to me that friendship is even possible?
No, I can't - but then, I have no mother, I have no significant other, and I only have acquaintances, not friends. But none of those things are objectively existing things, as a God is assumed to be. If, on the other hand, God has only some subjective meaning, then what good is it?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

You felt the need to make a new account. That immediately makes me suspicious of you. Hopefully I'm wrong. Do you remember your previous screen name?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hijiri Byakuren

One post. You made a new account. Which means this is a sock account. I wonder how long the mods will entertain you before the banhammer comes down.

Quote from: cabinetmaker on January 25, 2018, 03:41:52 PMThis thread asks me to post evidence for God.  I find this an interesting request as it assumes that there must be proof for something to be real.  Can you prove to me that you love your mother?  Can you prove to me you love your significant other?  Can you prove to me that friendship is even possible?
Why are you comparing God to an emotion?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Excellent questions.  Which materialists and epistemological fundies can't answer honestly.  However that doesn't exhaust secularism.  Perhaps more human secularists won't have trouble answering you.  Plato on the other hand, would say that only ideals are real, like ideal love, and any love you might have, is unreal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.