Main Menu

Present Evidence Here II

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, February 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 11:26:50 PM
Tell you what.

If you really want to know truth and serious about finding "evidence",

Do a little study on a individual called Baha'u'llah.

With that individual you will find God.

He is an example of a "woke" person.  But not an atheist Democrat White middle class American, and he never had a cell phone.  So not very "woke".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 08, 2020, 07:31:05 PM
if it is, then I'll place it on the same pedestal as any fictitious character.

Convince me otherwise.

The George Washington we know is propaganda.  The real George Washington we will never know.  George Washington looks very good on a pedestal, to most Americans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

od19g6

Quote from: Baruch on January 08, 2020, 11:28:24 PM
He is an example of a "woke" person.  But not an atheist Democrat White middle class American, and he never had a cell phone.  So not very "woke".
He's far beyond a "woke person". He's a Prophet / Messenger  / Manifestation of God for this time and age. This is the individual where I learnt my divine education from.

If you really want to know truths, investigate Baha'u'llah.

Baruch

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 11:37:54 PM
He's far beyond a "woke person". He's a Prophet / Messenger  / Manifestation of God for this time and age. This is the individual where I learnt my divine education from.

If you really want to know truths, investigate Baha'u'llah.

OK.  I agree, in fact, you can examine the life of any human being, and G-d will jump right out at you.  But not all of us are boogiemen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 11:16:30 PM
Well here's the thing.

You're like the person in the painting. All you know is the world that's in the painting.

What you're not aware of and what you don't believe in is that, there is an entity beyond the world of the painting, the "painter" that controls everything that is about the painting.
No, you have to prove this is a painting, and there's a painter out there.  You're the one making the assertion, the burden of proof is entirely in your lap.

I am under absolutely no obligation to keep an "open mind" about anything for which there is not only absolutely zero evidence, but no reason to think that it's even worth looking for evidence.  Your unsupported assertions are completely meaningless, and throwing out more unsupported assertions to try to bolster your claim is like adding zero to zero infinitely many times, thinking if you pile on enough zeros, it might add up to one.

That's just not the way making a claim works.

If you were to say, "Well, this is just the way I believe things work", I'm good with that.  And I might ask you why you believe that, and you might reference a mystical experience you think you had, and I have no problem with that.  I might believe you're misinterpreting the event, but I can't tell you that it wasn't important to you, whether or not it actually happened.

The problem here is you're omitting the 'I believe' part and going straight for "this is the way things work" and your word is simply not good enough to back that up.  When you make a positive claim like that, you are obligated to back it up with evidence that can be independently verified.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Tell you what.

No, no, no, no, no.

It's your assertion, therefore demonstrating it is your responsibility.  You have descended into a demonstration of the most pathetic intellectual cowardice.

As it happens, I have studied the history and origins of the Bahá'i religion, and it's utterly unconvincing.  And I am fairly confident -- not certain, of course, but fairly confident -- that you would then assert that I didn't study it "deeply" or "closely" or "correctly" and try to make your inability to prove your claim my fault.

You are making the claims, it's your responsibility to back them up.  You do not get to shrug that off onto the person you're trying to convince.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Tell you what.

"I'm not here to convert you, but please believe in my God and read all about my prophet"

od19g6

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 09, 2020, 12:40:49 AM
"I'm not here to convert you, but please believe in my God and read all about my prophet"
You're right, I'm not here to try and convince and convert no one, it's impossible.

I said that because since I keep getting, "I want physical evidence, I want physical evidence" and I keep answering the same thing, so I just directed him to the source that I learnt my divine knowledge from.

Hydra009

Quote from: od19g6 on January 09, 2020, 01:10:27 AM
You're right, I'm not here to try and convince and convert no one
You're not even good at lying.  That's your only goal, which is - on reflection - actually quite sad.

QuoteI just directed him to the source that I learnt my divine knowledge from.
Oh, did you meet either your god or your prophet?  Or where you just indoctrinated by some cult and took those words as gospel?

Well, I have news for you.  You and your fellow believers are dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen, but unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.  Did you know, they need people to worship their god to gain power?

trdsf

Quote from: od19g6 on January 09, 2020, 01:10:27 AM
I said that because since I keep getting, "I want physical evidence, I want physical evidence" and I keep answering the same thing, so I just directed him to the source that I learnt my divine knowledge from.
That's because if you want to be taken seriously by rationalists, you need to provide physical evidence.  Mystical claims are not going to be taken very seriously by people who try to live a rational life, and your answers so far are not actually answers.  You have either provided a meaningless list of words, or have tried to dodge your responsibility to provide proof for your claims.

SGOS

A person in a painting doesn't have the ability to believe or imagine anything.  He's just a mixture of inert paint textures.  It's like your god.  It's just you giving it arbitrary qualities like comprehension of time and space.  Like your god, there is no evidence that it can perform miracles, but unlike your god it does exist, and you don't have to invent different dimensions for it to exist in so that it can speak to mankind through donkie talkies.  If you would only stop and think, you would realize you are thinking like a two year old.  Blessed are those who cannot think, for they believe in God, and they come warning the rest of us of his mighty power.  They are befuddled that we won't take them seriously.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 09, 2020, 03:33:25 AM
A person in a painting doesn't have the ability to believe or imagine anything.  He's just a mixture of inert paint textures.  It's like your god.  It's just you giving it arbitrary qualities like comprehension of time and space.  Like your god, there is no evidence that it can perform miracles, but unlike your god it does exist, and you don't have to invent different dimensions for it to exist in so that it can speak to mankind through donkie talkies.  If you would only stop and think, you would realize you are thinking like a two year old.  Blessed are those who cannot think, for they believe in God, and they come warning the rest of us of his mighty power.  They are befuddled that we won't take them seriously.

A human being is a mixture of particularly stupid atoms ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on January 09, 2020, 06:04:22 AM
A human being is a mixture of particularly stupid atoms ;-)
It is interesting how you keep projecting you onto the rest of humanity.  You are simply just another theist and all of them are simply befuddled. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 09, 2020, 09:40:55 AM
It is interesting how you keep projecting you onto the rest of humanity.  You are simply just another theist and all of them are simply befuddled.

I am Everyman.  All of you, are me, when I don't get enough sleep.

All you have is innuendo.  Same as every ideologue.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on January 09, 2020, 10:27:40 AM
I am Everyman.  All of you, are me, when I don't get enough sleep.

All you have is innuendo.  Same as every ideologue.

You sound like a solipsist.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk