News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Present Evidence Here II

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, February 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

od19g6

Quote from: trdsf on January 08, 2020, 06:01:44 PM
"Can't compare" may be what you meant to say, but it's demonstrably untrue -- I not only can compare gods to other fictions, I have.
You said 'gods'. As far as the One that created the universe, It is beyond physical reality.

Sal1981

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 07:27:03 PM
You said 'gods'. As far as the One that created the universe, It is beyond physical reality.
if it is, then I'll place it on the same pedestal as any fictitious character.

Convince me otherwise.

od19g6

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 08, 2020, 07:31:05 PM
if it is, then I'll place it on the same pedestal as any fictitious character.

Convince me otherwise.
I'm not here to convince you or convert you.

I just came here to talk.

Unbeliever

Well, you've talked a lot, but you haven't yet said anything.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 03:26:51 PM
Just a typo reminder: I meant to say 'can't compare'.
Yes, I can and do compare all gods to Bugs Bunny.  The only difference is that Bugs is not as old as your god--the fiction of god came first.  And Bugs is much less harmful than your god.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Of course it is because it is not real. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

od19g6

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 08, 2020, 09:40:36 PM
Yes, I can and do compare all gods to Bugs Bunny.  The only difference is that Bugs is not as old as your god--the fiction of god came first.  And Bugs is much less harmful than your god.
How is it less harmful?

trdsf

Yet another assertion without evidence.  There is nothing known beyond physical reality, and there is no reason to suspect there is.  Support your assertion.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 08, 2020, 09:40:36 PM

I came here to be "tooned".  I feel like Roger Rabbit, not Bugs Bunny ;-)  Bugs is harmful to Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

od19g6

Quote from: trdsf on January 08, 2020, 10:56:51 PM
Yet another assertion without evidence.  There is nothing known beyond physical reality, and there is no reason to suspect there is.  Support your assertion.
Well here's the thing.

You're like the person in the painting. All you know is the world that's in the painting.

What you're not aware of and what you don't believe in is that, there is an entity beyond the world of the painting, the "painter" that controls everything that is about the painting.

Mike Cl

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 09:48:54 PM
How is it less harmful?
Because I don't think anybody have ever used Bugs Bunny as a reason to kill people.  Religions throughout history have killed millions upon millions.  Religion is a bloody business. 

Baruch

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 11:16:30 PM
Well here's the thing.

You're like the person in the painting. All you know is the world that's in the painting.

What you're not aware of and what you don't believe in is that, there is an entity beyond the world of the painting, the "painter" that controls everything that is about the painting.

Some don't want to admit to any agency outside themselves.  Some don't want to acknowledge agency at all.  That is because some of us "toons" don't want or don't believe in agents.  No way to get ahead in Tinsel Town that way.

MikeCL ... everyone wants to kill you, unless they are just like you.  Every tribe ever.  Your only mistake is that your own tribe wants to kill you too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 11:16:30 PM
Well here's the thing.

Can you give me any evidence whatsoever???  No, so far you haven't even tried.  And I can understand why--because it is impossible to produce evidence when there isn't any.  Which is why your god is a fiction and only a fiction.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 08, 2020, 09:41:19 PM
Of course it is because it is not real.

Nothing is real - Buddha.  In my own experience, the Buddha is correct.  We only have delusions (maya), no reality at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

od19g6

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 08, 2020, 11:20:55 PM
Can you give me any evidence whatsoever???  No, so far you haven't even tried.  And I can understand why--because it is impossible to produce evidence when there isn't any.  Which is why your god is a fiction and only a fiction.
Tell you what.

If you really want to know truth and serious about finding "evidence",

Do a little study on a individual called Baha'u'llah.

With that individual you will find God.