News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Present Evidence Here II

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, February 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

od19g6

Quote from: Fidel_Castronaut on February 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM
So, yes, I've made another thread to carry on from the archived one. What happens to this is up to the gods, but its here anyway, just in case. I've copied the OP from the original thread, so let the chat commence:

"We often get many theists claiming to have evidence for the god or gods they hold dear. This thread is created with the aim of allowing them to supply such evidence so that we may debate with them knowing the facts and conclusions they have drawn, and so that we may respond in kind.

So here we are. If you claim to have evidence that supports your god(s), please post it here:"
The best evidence of God is the human being itself.

Hydra009

Quote from: od19g6 on January 02, 2020, 10:37:32 PM
The best evidence of God is the human being itself.
Now all you have to show how the human being is necessarily linked to this god character.

Otherwise, it's just an embarrassing non-sequitur and your argument is DOA.

od19g6

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 02, 2020, 11:39:49 PM
Now all you have to show how the human being is necessarily linked to this god character.

The link between the human being and God is a special one in that the human being has the potential to display all of the names and attributes of God at the highest level beyond any living creature in the universe.

We are the most perfect creation in the universe.

od19g6

Quote from: od19g6 on January 02, 2020, 11:47:24 PM
The link between the human being and God is a special one in that the human being has the potential to display all of the names and attributes of God at the highest level beyond any living creature in the universe.

We are the most perfect creation among all creatures.

Unbeliever

You still haven't told us anything about these "names and attributes" of God, so how can we discuss them rationally?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

QuoteWouldn't it be dumb if an unborn baby claimed his mother didn't exist just because he couldn't see her?  That's the scenario proposed by a stupid Christian analogy.  I recently saw it circulating Facebook and have run into it many times before in my history as a Christian.  But does this make sense?  Does this story show how stupid skepticism is and how smart faith is?  Or does it just take advantage of obvious storytelling tricks to belittle atheists in the eyes of Christians?  (Spoiler - it's the second).  Join me as I break down this comparison and fix it with a more realistic version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKsiIRr-IBg
God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: od19g6 on January 02, 2020, 11:47:24 PM

We are the most perfect creation in the universe.
Proof by assertion.  Yawn.

Unbeliever

Assertions are all you can expect from theists, of any stripe. No means of demonstrating their God, so they assert, and expect skeptics to just believe them because they've asserted.
God Not Found

od19g6

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 02, 2020, 11:39:49 PM

The only link that we will ever have is through the names and attributes. And they are manifested in the physical world.

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 03, 2020, 01:36:35 PM
You still haven't told us anything about these "names and attributes" of God, so how can we discuss them rationally?
Are you saying that you want a list of them?

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 01:23:09 PM
Assertions are all you can expect from theists, of any stripe. No means of demonstrating their God, so they assert, and expect skeptics to just believe them because they've asserted.
God best demonstration is the human being itself.
You'll never have "physical evidence" of God.

Unbeliever

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 05:19:24 PM
Are you saying that you want a list of them?

How else can I know what you're talking about?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 05:21:26 PM
God best demonstration is the human being itself.
You'll never have "physical evidence" of God.

If at first you don't succeed, assert, assert again.
God Not Found

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 05:29:04 PM
How else can I know what you're talking about?
Ok, I have to gather them.
I'll have them for you.

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 05:29:47 PM
If at first you don't succeed, assert, assert again.
Well unbeliever, you may think that they are just assertions because basically you just want to put God under a microscope, which you will never do.

The only thing we have to work with is the names and attributes.