New poll: GOP to take the senate in November

Started by josephpalazzo, March 30, 2014, 02:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on April 01, 2014, 02:38:54 PM
I said it before.  If people voted what they believe instead of holding their noses while voting for the lesser of two evils, this country could have an entirely different two party system with the Greens debating the Libertarians.

Only if you don't know what libertarians stand for.  Many novices in politics mistake libertarians for their first and oldest opponents.
well Jason, if libertarians don't want to be associated with the dregs of rubes they need to make that clear to the voting public and so far have done a really shitty job of it. The public perception is libertarians are tied at the hip with the tea party. That's not the fault of the Democratic party.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 01, 2014, 08:16:08 PM
well Jason, if libertarians don't want to be associated with the dregs of rubes they need to make that clear to the voting public and so far have done a really shitty job of it. The public perception is libertarians are tied at the hip with the tea party. That's not the fault of the Democratic party.

Of course there's a perception that we're close to the Tea Party - it was ours before the Republicans took it from us.  The 2007-2008 Tea Party was ours.  The 2009 onward Tea Party wasn't.

The Republicans want to forget the libertarian roots of the Tea Party.  And the Libertarians say "it is no longer ours, we no longer have much in common with it."  But while the Democrats want to forget that it existed in 2008, they also want to remember that it started libertarian.  It is a self-contradictory position, but that's never bothered major party players.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on April 01, 2014, 10:17:41 PM
Of course there's a perception that we're close to the Tea Party - it was ours before the Republicans took it from us.  The 2007-2008 Tea Party was ours.  The 2009 onward Tea Party wasn't.

The Republicans want to forget the libertarian roots of the Tea Party.  And the Libertarians say "it is no longer ours, we no longer have much in common with it."  But while the Democrats want to forget that it existed in 2008, they also want to remember that it started libertarian.  It is a self-contradictory position, but that's never bothered major party players.
I hate to break the bad news Jason. I know it's heartbreaking and we'll both sob into our pillows for years and years, but....Neither of us are major party players.

AllPurposeAtheist

Another reason I don't buy the pundits when it comes to election predictions of rubes running the table. They simply don't have the poling numbers to back up the talk.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/18/1292849/-Daily-Kos-Elections-Morning-Digest-Karl-Rove-s-new-polls-have-positive-trendlines-for-Democrats