You have a choice?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 15, 2014, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker_Lee

God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

Mr.Obvious

... ... ...
You know what guys... ? His reasoning is solid. What do we have to lose? Let's just accept a religion and be sure rather than die and maybe find out that we're getting punished for not believing in the right God. We've got nothing to lose.

Say it with me now!

PRAISE ALLAH, ALLAH BE PRAISED!

... or the tooth fairy apa, that's cool too.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Walker_Lee

@Mr.Obvious I do not worship allah or a stupid religion. Some people hide behind this but I hate religion. They come with stupid man made rules that tell us to be perfect and don't have fun. I follow Jesus alone nothing added or taken.
God is real.
That is the truth.
That is the truth.
That is the truth.

SGOS

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 09:57:32 AM
I do not worship allah or a stupid religion... I follow Jesus alone nothing added or taken.
If you follow Jesus Christ, you are part of a religion.  Or do you just follow Jesus a little bit?

We've had a number of "paint your own versions of Christianity" on the forum lately.  Almost seems like a bunch of people from the Church of Not Religion are all coming in at once.

Icarus

@Mr.Obvious I do not worship allah or a stupid religion. Some people hide behind this but I hate religion. They come with stupid man made rules that tell us to be perfect and don't have fun. I follow Jesus alone nothing added or taken.

Why don't you follow the glorious prophet Momo? If you're not bound by religion why are you following the son of god in a very specific religion?

Walker_Lee

@SGOS Even Jesus was against a religion have you  read a bible? If you have not read the whole bible do not come and argue against it. People make there own versions of religions to fit there life which I hate. I would take away all of my limbs before I turned into another fake.
God is real.
That is the truth.
That is the truth.
That is the truth.

Mr.Obvious

You know, I'm a devout muslim now, and I don't really take kindly to you calling my religion stupid. I don't think I have to take that from an infidel.
I'll just leave you with this, if I'm right and you're wrong, you burn in hell.
Think about it. It's your choice, and it's the time to make it.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Icarus

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 10:17:06 AM
@SGOS Even Jesus was against a religion have you  read a bible? If you have not read the whole bible do not come and argue against it. People make there own versions of religions to fit there life which I hate. I would take away all of my limbs before I turned into another fake.

Matthew 19:21 - Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Sorry to tell you, but you're already a fake.

SGOS

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 10:17:06 AM
People make there own versions of religions to fit there life which I hate.
But you haven't made up your own religion? Yeah, OK, whatever you say.

Hijiri Byakuren

Yes, you do have a choice: turn your brain off like a religious sheep, or exercise your critical thinking skills.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Walker_Lee

Quote from: SGOS on April 15, 2014, 10:20:42 AM
But you haven't made up your own religion? Yeah, OK, whatever you say.
Um no I have not made up my own religion. I follow a God who died for me not a made up religion. It was real then and now and will you answer my question. Have you read the bible at all?
God is real.
That is the truth.
That is the truth.
That is the truth.

Icarus

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 10:42:16 AM
Um no I have not made up my own religion. I follow a God who died for me not a made up religion. It was real then and now and will you answer my question. Have you read the bible at all?

Why would that matter? You've already shown that you haven't even cracked the first page regarding the teachings of Jesus.

Walker_Lee

Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2014, 10:48:30 AM
Why would that matter? You've already shown that you haven't even cracked the first page regarding the teachings of Jesus.
I know the teachings but I must know have you read the whole bible or just a couple verse to try to make Christians look stupid?
Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2014, 10:19:47 AM
Matthew 19:21 - Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Sorry to tell you, but you're already a fake.
I sense something oh yay that is a quote from a bible for s specific even that you are misinterpreting. This was speaking to the rich men. I know what you are trying to do which is undermined my comment to make me look stupid. Nice try.
Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 15, 2014, 10:17:50 AM
You know, I'm a devout muslim now, and I don't really take kindly to you calling my religion stupid. I don't think I have to take that from an infidel.
I'll just leave you with this, if I'm right and you're wrong, you burn in hell.
Think about it. It's your choice, and it's the time to make it.
Ok muslims confuse me you preach peace yet you have stuff such as a regular beating. I do not care what you believe but you say praise allah but you feel you have the right to condemn me to hell yep that makes sense.
God is real.
That is the truth.
That is the truth.
That is the truth.

Jason78

I'm going to die one day?   Why didn't anyone tell me?

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 10:42:16 AM
Yes, I have.  It's a book of myths with some references to history.  I used to be a Christian.  Reading the Bible was a turning point in my life.  I don't believe in gods.  I don't believe Jesus is the son of god, and I don't believe the Bible Jesus existed at all.