News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who Will Jesus Destroy?

Started by josephpalazzo, April 15, 2014, 06:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Taking shit from office supplies is not a sin. I used to be a facilities' manager. My boss told me that when I caught him with a box full of legal pads.

Unfortunately even if Christianity was real and the Rapture was real, we'd be stuck down here with the hypocritical xtian fat cats that tout their religion and lie, cheat and steal every other way. I don't think much would change.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: stromboli on April 18, 2014, 05:38:03 PM
Taking shit from office supplies is not a sin. I used to be a facilities' manager. My boss told me that when I caught him with a box full of legal pads.

Unfortunately even if Christianity was real and the Rapture was real, we'd be stuck down here with the hypocritical xtian fat cats that tout their religion and lie, cheat and steal every other way. I don't think much would change.
If the rapture happened I think I'd be a less moral person. I would kill, steal, and rape. Then I would ask forgiveness from gawd and go to heaven. What a great way to avoid being a decent person: unconditional forgiveness.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Walker_Lee

I believe you are talking about in "the end times". Well it is not like he did not give them a choice before hand. Everyone is given a chance to accept Jesus before they so they can got to heaven. So he is not a monster like people may think. Also he destroys this world so he can make a new one and he gives us a chance to be a part of that "new world".
God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

Solitary

How do you know this? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 19, 2014, 11:24:35 AM
I believe you are talking about in "the end times". Well it is not like he did not give them a choice before hand. Everyone is given a chance to accept Jesus before they so they can got to heaven. So he is not a monster like people may think. Also he destroys this world so he can make a new one and he gives us a chance to be a part of that "new world".

He gives everyone a choice beforehand? That goes for all those who lived and died before he is said to have existed? That goes for the millions of people that hadn't heard of him during his supposed lifetime and after before world-wide communication-technology could inform people about his supposed existance and message? That goes to all those who still don't know about his message even today? That goes to those who die before they can even be expected to understand the words people say to them and explain his presumed divinity?

And fuck him for wanting to destroy my world in order to build a new one. He can get a city-council and a permit before I'll even accept the notion. This world may be fucked up, but I'd rather have this than an immortal North-Korea. Your Jesus has no right to destroy the lives of people in order to make a new world, no more than my ancestors, the colonial Belgians, had the right to destroy the lives of the people of the Congo under the false notion of 'educating them and giving them a better style of life'.

And yes, he is a monster. He sets up a system he knows people will fail. He creates them in a way that people will fail and he makes it so that the only way they can be saved is through him. He makes people 'sick' from birth and demands they get better, something he knows in advance that some of those whom he creates can not do, and punishes them horribly and eternally when they fail. He is no more moral than a robber who will let you live if you give him all your money. It's his system, his rules and his outcome. And the system is immoral. If Jesus Christ existed, he was immoral. (And still not proven to be a deity.)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

stromboli

Lol. Oh, by the way, 10 things have to happen before the Rapture:

http://z3news.com/w/ten-things-that-must-happen-before-the-rapture/

The power of the saints must be shattered. (Daniel 12:6-7)
The apostasy must come. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-3)
The man of lawlessness must take his seat in the temple. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)
The third temple must be rebuilt. (2 Thessalonians 2:4)
The first half of the tribulation must be completed. (Daniel 9:27)
The gospel must be preached to the whole world. (Matthew 24:14)
The church must be without spot or wrinkle, holy and blameless. (Ephesians 5:25-27)
Believers must do greater works than Jesus did. (John 14:12)
The seven-year peace treaty must be signed. (Daniel 9:27)
The ten kingdom empire of the beast must be formed. (Revelation 13:1)

The parts that I bolded come under the heading of "good luck with that, bro!  :biggrin:

Oh, and another by the way: as a Christian, one of the people I worked with was a Messianic Jew. He painstakingly pointed out in detail that the rapture was in fact nonbiblical and not supported.

And you still can't prove that a divine Jesus ever lived.

Hydra009

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 19, 2014, 11:24:35 AMAlso he destroys this world so he can make a new one and he gives us a chance to be a part of that "new world".
Sounds familiar.

stromboli

So there I was, sitting in a Four Square Gospel church, and the pastor says plainly that illness was because you had a sinful nature. Didn't go over too well with my wife with MS. Also didn't blink when, next Sunday, his wife-the piano player- was sick with a sore throat. Hmm. Musta swallowed something she shouldn'ta.  :biggrin:

Was also a Prosperity Gospel. I figured out from that, that I would prosper better if I wasn't giving money away to a church. The only people prospering in a prosperity gospel are the people preaching it.

So the preacher said in prosperity gospel,
pray and god will make you rich!
but be sure and provide that full tithing
or god will make you his bitch

sick you say? O lordy!
because you got a sinful soul
Baby born with Spina Bifida?
well gee, I really don't know

And a whole bunch of miracles, blow your mind
all happened (third party, no proof)
But believe it I say! 'cause another preacher told me
and lord that makes it the truth

Now Oral roberts was a healing man
smack your forehead, heal with a touch
But he gave all his money to a hospital
Faith healing? didn't believe it much

so if you want prosperity
you can listen to the preacher's rants
or where prosperity truly lies-
in the wallet in the Preacher's pants  :biggrin:

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 19, 2014, 11:24:35 AM

Quote from: Solitary on April 19, 2014, 11:28:24 AM
How do you know this? Solitary

He's got Jesus on his side, telling him all that stuff.

stromboli

Worship me or fry in hell forever. That is not a choice, that is a threat.  Like I said previously, a choice is one where the result doesn't knowingly correspond to a bad outcome.

The loving god of xtianity killed about 2 million people give or take, most of them for exercising their free agency to not worship him. That is not a choice.

stromboli

Oh, and don't forget that Jesus was sent to earth to atone for mankind's sins, which required him being killed on the cross, according, supposedly, to prophecy. So the Jews condemn him because he claims to be god, teaches different shit than they teach, does some breakage in the courtyard of their holiest building, and then gets punished for all that. And god repays them for fulfilling prophecy and punishing a man who by their law is a criminal, and god pays them back by causing the destruction of their temple and scattering them for thousands of years.

Sorry. I gave your loving god 18 years of my life, and I am happy to be an atheist.