News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Synagogue shooter was a white supremacist

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, April 14, 2014, 10:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

On the one hand, statistics correlate countries with the most relaxed gun laws with the most gun crime. On the other hand, correlation is not causation, and you can have my gun when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

The Skeletal Atheist

Is anyone here a happy medium in this? A gun owner who owns, what according to the news is, an assault rifle but is in favor of reasonable gun regulations? Come on! Raise your hands...anyone?...I'm the only one I'm the only one raising my hand? Nevermind...
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Feral Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 11:03:24 PM
Statistics say otherwise,  cowboy :). Of course a good atheist like yourself don't really care anything about evidence,  do ya?
I congratulate you for the self-awareness that allows you to openly and un-apologetically embrace your ignorance.
In dog beers I've only had one.

Hydra009

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 16, 2014, 12:50:22 AM
Is anyone here a happy medium in this? A gun owner who owns, what according to the news is, an assault rifle but is in favor of reasonable gun regulations?
That actually sounds reasonable.  It'll never work.

Feral Atheist

Is anyone here a happy medium in this? A gun owner who owns, what according to the news is, an assault rifle but is in favor of reasonable gun regulations? Come on! Raise your hands...anyone?...I'm the only one I'm the only one raising my hand? Nevermind...
And the difference between an assault rifle and a non-assault rifle is what?  Oh yea, one is black and scary looking, the other isn't.

In dog beers I've only had one.

Icarus

Quote from: Feral Atheist on April 15, 2014, 08:50:13 PM
He killed 3 people, none were Jews, all were christians.  WTF the dude, how hard is that to comprehend, this mental midget failed in his hate, as you in yours.

So 1 example trumps all statistics? Grasp at those straws, grasp quickly and stupidly.

Shiranu

I don't own an assault rifle (though I want to), but I do own about 9 guns and am in favour of gun regulations.

@Cowboy; cool story, you ignoring statistics makes me the ignorant one.  Brilliant "logic" (see; projection) there.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Solitary

Quote from: Feral Atheist on April 16, 2014, 01:45:01 AM
And the difference between an assault rifle and a non-assault rifle is what?  Oh yea, one is black and scary looking, the other isn't.

An assault rifle is full automatic, neither one of them is an assault rifle. The issue is whether we are safer with every person, train or not, having a hand gun, or full automatic rifle, not whether we have a right to do so. I had a boy in the neighborhood that my other son said he was pointing a gun at his brother's head. When I told him to give me the gun he said, "only out of my cold dead hands"---he almost got his wish. He told me he had been trained on how to use a gun safely. His gun was loaded by the way. He is now in prison after pointing a gun at a group of other boys who he shot at, and that beat the living crap out of him, and almost did take the gun out of his cold dead hands. I had a worker point a loaded 45 at my face being funny. I took it away and he said it wasn't loaded. He also pointed a Israeli full automatic at a man in a car who chased him back to the office. This guy has a full arsenal of even grenade  launchers, and the last person that should even have a knife.  There was another man I worked with that pointed a hand gun out of his truck window at a man who took it away and threw it in a lake. Both of these gun nuts belong to survivalist and gun clubs, and are well trained, one having been in the military.  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Feral Atheist on April 16, 2014, 01:45:01 AM

A telescoping stock and a pistol grip are not simply cosmetic features. They are designed to make the rifle more ergonomic, especially in urban situations where a shorter stock and a pistol grip may turn the situation in your favor.

I'm a gun owner. I like being allowed to own assault rifles. I think that due to statistics more attention should be paid to pistols then rifles...just don't try to argue that tactical features are cosmetic when they very well aren't.

Quote from: Shiranu on April 16, 2014, 11:11:58 AM
I don't own an assault rifle (though I want to), but I do own about 9 guns and am in favour of gun regulations.

@Cowboy; cool story, you ignoring statistics makes me the ignorant one.  Brilliant "logic" (see; projection) there.

Yeah. I don't own an actual assault rifle, but the media would call it one because they are ignorant of gun terminology in general. It's just a SKS. My next purchase will probably be a pistol or a shotgun, though if I get a pistol I want to get one of those biometric pistol safe things for when I'm not carrying.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

QuoteI think that due to statistics more attention should be paid to pistols then rifles...just don't try to argue that tactical features are cosmetic when they very well aren't.

Completely agreed. While I think "assault rifles" (more accurately any semi-automatic rifle, or even pistol) should be much harder to obtain and require much stricter regulations, the focus should really be on the weapon's that are statistically the biggest issue...pistols.

QuoteYeah. I don't own an actual assault rifle, but the media would call it one because they are ignorant of gun terminology in general. It's just a SKS. My next purchase will probably be a pistol or a shotgun, though if I get a pistol I want to get one of those biometric pistol safe things for when I'm not carrying.

Yeah, I have seen a bunch of modern pistols that have all sorts of pretty crafty safety mechanisms. I am not sold on them being safe enough though for everyone and their brother to have one though.

Forgot to respond to this...

QuoteAnd the difference between an assault rifle and a non-assault rifle is what?  Oh yea, one is black and scary looking, the other isn't.

Cowboy, please stop watching Fox News for 10 seconds and realize how stupid you are making yourself look. Danke schoen.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on April 16, 2014, 01:05:29 PM
Yeah, I have seen a bunch of modern pistols that have all sorts of pretty crafty safety mechanisms. I am not sold on them being safe enough though for everyone and their brother to have one though.
I didn't mean a safety mechanism (the best safety mechanism is muzzle control, trigger control, and not being a fucking moron), but one of the actual safe boxes with a biometric feature. That way I can have the box in my room, in a place where children shouldn't be able to get it, but still be able to get to it quickly if need be. I have a gun safe, but it's big and bulky.

aitm

OKAY!!!

Back on topic, maybe it was mentioned previously, but were y'all aware the young man killed was the same lil kid claimed he met jebus and is the story behind "yes, there is a heaven"? Damn shame ole jebus wanted to talk to him face to face eh?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 16, 2014, 01:16:22 PM
I didn't mean a safety mechanism (the best safety mechanism is muzzle control, trigger control, and not being a fucking moron), but one of the actual safe boxes with a biometric feature. That way I can have the box in my room, in a place where children shouldn't be able to get it, but still be able to get to it quickly if need be. I have a gun safe, but it's big and bulky.

Ohhh okay.  That's pretty cool then.

_Xenu_

Not enough people, apparently. This same discussion gets endlessly repeated with every shooting and no common ground ever seems to be recognized.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home