What does your typical MRA look like?

Started by Valigarmander, April 14, 2014, 03:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valigarmander

AllPurposeAtheist

Damnedest thing, I never thought the subject of my MRA would come up, but here's what it looks like. It's my right arm too.. You wouldn't believe how many girls believe that it stands for My Right Arm. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason78

Had to look up what MRA meant at the Urban Dictionary.

Based on the definitions I saw, there must be either a ton of butthurt women, or they must be completely ignorant of how bad it is for men out there.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

For the lazy: MRA = Men's Rights Activist.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

Quote from: Mermaid on April 14, 2014, 07:50:24 AM
Thanks.  I read the article and still didn't know what it was, so I followed the thread advice and looked it up in the urban dictionary, and still didn't know what it was.  Finally, I just shrugged it off.  I guess I have a limited tolerance for the use of obscure acronyms in writing.  Usually, an acronym of this nature, will be identified at least once near the beginning of the average article.  You may have to reread to find it, but it's usually there.  If it's not, I assume the writer doesn't care if his audience understands what he's talking about.  And if he doesn't care, why the Hell should I?

stromboli

aileron

WTF?  I can't quite imagine the white men of America banding together to demand the vote and request service at Woolworth's lunch counters.   
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Mermaid on April 14, 2014, 07:50:24 AM
or... *innocent cough*.. Martin Robert Amell..  really,  they're not synonymous.

stromboli

Quote from: aileron on April 14, 2014, 09:24:40 AM
WTF?  I can't quite imagine the white men of America banding together to demand the vote and request service at Woolworth's lunch counters.   

In this neighborhood, the only way you can get white men to band together is football. Or barbecue.

Berati

QuoteHow SOCIALLY disadvantaged do you think men are compared to women?
Men are largely more disadvantaged than women: 2,620 or 88%

Da Fuh?
Who answered this survey? Little boys who are still in the "girls are icky" phase?
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

AllPurposeAtheist

I think it's primarily guys who have to pay child support and don't like it. (boohoo) But like my dad told me and I told my son,  "Watch where you stick your dick boy. Penicillin doesn't cure babies."

Solitary

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 14, 2014, 03:02:30 PM
I think it's primarily guys who have to pay child support and don't like it. (boohoo) But like my dad told me and I told my son,  "Watch where you stick your dick boy. Penicillin doesn't cure babies."

I take it you didn't follow his advice. My dad said to me: "woman, you can't live with them, and you can't live without them, so fuck them!" Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

I never got hung with child support payments. I raised my kids. I never said I didn't do my share of fucking, but I didn't fuck to many snakes with tits either.

Gawdzilla Sama

At times like this I remember some information imparted to me by a crusty old chief petty officer shortly after I joined the Navy.

"Son, remember one thing, women just don't think like people."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Lao Tou

Bra
Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2014, 05:39:37 PM
At times like this I remember some information imparted to me by a crusty old chief petty officer shortly after I joined the Navy.

"Son, remember one thing, women just don't think like people."

Bravo Zulu!
Recovering Baptist

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can\'t prove it, but you can\'t disprove it either."
Christopher Hitchens, in "God is Not Great"