News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Ryan budget

Started by josephpalazzo, April 11, 2014, 10:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Alaric I on April 12, 2014, 12:47:15 PM
True, which just tells us we need to really put a boot to the system and say fuck both.  Vote for a third party and watch the big two squirm as they lose all their seats.

Probably you won't agree with this, but such attitude will benefit the Republicans more than the Democrats who are the lesser of two evils. Both parties do pander to the rich in order to finance their election campaign but the rules (or lack of them)were established by the Republican lobbyists and Republican judges on SCOTUS. If we want to change that (Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission and McCutcheon vs. Federal Election Commission) then electing Democrats would be a better strategical way of reversing these decisions.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Alaric I on April 12, 2014, 12:47:15 PM
True, which just tells us we need to really put a boot to the system and say fuck both.  Vote for a third party and watch the big two squirm as they lose all their seats.
You speak of unrealistic goals because the two party system is far to entrenched and throwing a vote to the third party is as good as handing over the vote to the most rotten of the patties.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Minimalist

Sadly, if Americans elect a bunch of these republicunt bastards then they deserve everything they get.  At some point Americans have to become responsible for being stupid enough to fall for GOP bullshit.

I laugh when the Dems email and say "we have to match the republicunts spending on tv,"  Do you believe ANY claims that you see in ads on tv?  If the bastards say a car gets 24 mpg I divide that by 2/3.  Why would anyone in their right mind believe political advertising?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

zarus tathra

Quote from: Solitary on April 12, 2014, 11:15:41 AM
  I agree, but there are liars for the working men and woman and ones that lie to them and support big money and even come out and brag about it. Solitary

I don't like your choices, they suck. I like a quote from the show Angel: "The powerful control everything except your ability to choose." But apparently they control that, too.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.