Christian School Expels 8 yr Old Girl- Looks Too Much Like A Boy

Started by stromboli, March 29, 2014, 10:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

follower_of_jesus

I do not equate punishment with beating till they see things my way. I equate punishment as leading my children to the ways of Jesus Christ and God.

SGOS

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 04:55:07 PM
I do not equate punishment with beating till they see things my way. I equate punishment as leading my children to the ways of Jesus Christ and God.
That sounds more like abuse.

billhilly

No way this guy's for real.  Advocating for the non-violent indoctrination of children via beatings is pretty funny though.

follower_of_jesus

Its only considered abuse now because of you God hating liberals forced schools, churches, and parents with lawsuits and criminal suits from being able to properly punish their children. That is why children are so rude these days, and go about fornicating with anything that'll return the favor.

billhilly

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 05:06:49 PM
Its only considered abuse now because of you God hating liberals forced schools, churches, and parents with lawsuits and criminal suits from being able to properly punish their children. That is why children are so rude these days, and go about fornicating with anything that'll return the favor.

LoL! I guess that explains why the more religious southern states that do allow corporal punishment in schools lag so far behind the states that don't in education rankings.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

charde

Aww.....How come I always miss the fun posters because they flame out so fast? :(

Quote from: RobbyPants on April 03, 2014, 02:45:07 PM
Cents? Like pennies, or is any kind of change good? Are you advocating punching children while holding a roll of quarters?

Yeah, sounded like a bad penny to me...
I do better with the morning star and cat o' nine tails.

Anyway, here's where I see these guys applying rules externally to whip their kids into line (often literally) than actually engaging their children on a personal level to guide them.

Contemporary Protestant

Well I played house as a child (I'm a boy) and I liked coloring books, so i guess I'm not good enough to go to a christian school :P, but this raises the question, can a school legally do this? Im a libertarian, so i think yeah let them be stupid, what does everyone else think?

Poison Tree

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on April 09, 2014, 12:10:11 AM
this raises the question, can a school legally do this?
I'm not intimate with all the particular laws, but I believe that a private (especially religious) school is [not necessarily aught] given a lot of leeway regarding who they allow in and who they keep/kick out--even public schools are granted massive benefit of the doubt  by the courts if they want to violate kids rights in an [supposed] attempt to protect them. If the state had a strong anti-discrimination law then there might be grounds for a lawsuit, but the school would just come up with some other pretext for expelling her.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

charde

Yeah, private religious schools do not receive government funding and are exempt from many of the regulations would affect a public school. This allows them to control the admissions policy for their facility, for example, as well as tailor their curriculums.

Appparently these kinds of "religious academies" were one way that people against de-segregation had used to keep their white kids separate from black kids after the civil rights laws were passed in the USA.

Contemporary Protestant

I don't like private schools, they create a delusion about the real world, I have gone to public school my whole life and don't see whats wrong with public schools

Aletheia

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on April 09, 2014, 11:38:36 AM
I don't like private schools, they create a delusion about the real world, I have gone to public school my whole life and don't see whats wrong with public schools

Precisely. A child needs to know about the world as it is so that when they grow up and venture on their own, they will be able to adapt and overcome obstacles in life.

The only thing wrong with public schools that I can see, is much of the hatred and misconceptions from numerous households can spill forth into the school via children's behaviors and the action of the teachers. Without someone there to counter bullying and teach children coping skills, you end up with a recipe for disaster. In worse case scenarios, you end up with bullycide and can quite literally lose a generation of children.

Children will never be immune from the meme wars of the parents. It tends to trickle down one way or another.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Contemporary Protestant

Well those conflicts reflect the real world, if I lived in a bubble with out racism (Im not racist but other people are)

I wouldn't be prepared to deal with it

Aletheia

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 01:30:14 PM
Why did the girl have to act like a boy. This is what is wrong with this country. You got boys acting like girls and girls acting like boys. This all started when stupid liberals demanded we take corporal punishment out of the classroom. Now kids are fornicating in the classrooms and there are massive drug problems. We need to beat some cents into these children.

Girls act like boys and boys act like girls because human nature doesn't fit neatly into preconceived boxes. Like with most things in life, there is a spectrum or a gradient. Human behavior is no different. The only thing unnatural is the idea of any human being that is 100% masculine or 100% feminine, since a person is unbalanced without attributes from both behavior styles (poorly labeled though they may be).

Curtailing the natural behavior of a child, especially with violence or threat of violence wouldn't work on a very young child, since they are unable to comprehend complex concepts yet. Corrective measures such as teaching children not to hurt animals because they feel pain just like you do is probably the most complex issue you can hope to achieve at this time. Correcting a child for exhibiting boyish or girlish behavior is meaningless to a child who has yet to understand what makes a boy a boy or a girl a girl.

Furthermore, when a child does become old enough to understand such concepts, they will also learn that you and the rest of society are lying when you tell them to be themselves. Using violence to enforce the "correct" gender appropriate behavior will only increase the child's distrust in you.

Lastly, promiscuity has nothing to do with the gender identity of a person. Lack of sufficient sexual education, lack of sense of responsibility, and poorly understood concepts of cause and effect are what lead to promiscuity. Much of the southern U.S. is full of people who do not wish for their children to be taught sexual education; who do not teach their children how to be responsible in matters pertaining to sexual health, respecting themselves, respecting others, and assessing what it means to be a parent; and do not delineate to their children the direct link between sexual activity and STDs, pregnancy, and potential promiscuity.

It helps to know what exactly it is you're "beating" into a child before you commence to waylaying on them like some chimpanzee.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

leo

Justin bieber is lucky to never studied in that school. He would not last long there for looking like a girl anyway.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .