News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Believe God Exists

Started by Casparov, April 10, 2014, 01:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casparov

@sasuke

lol You're right, I should have said, "No need to hear the case for Materialism, I choose to accept it on blind faith grounded in a firm belief in Naive Realism. Case closed!" and just ended it right there huh?

“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

MitchellDaBomb

God resides in his timeless eternal grotto within his omni-verse. He conditions the multi-verses and perpetuates his spiral entities. He is beyond the idea of personality, since that is a human concept and no mind can truly fathom his essence as he is more than just the embodiment of mankind's collective erudition...Idealism is also what i believe. Our minds are made to further knowledge, divinely or obscurely. It should be obvious that god exists to anyone by now due to scientific findings, but the intricacies of todays evolving materialistic cultures and money-driven ideals have bred ignorance throughout the communities...don't you guys know that extra dimensional fields propagate universally? :)
Hi I make music and stuff. You may be surprised.
https://soundcloud.com/sinclair-12

josephpalazzo

You can't prove matter, that's too hard for you  but readily, without any proof, you  assert: MIND IS IMMATERIAL...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

josephpalazzo

If you can't see that you have a hidden agenda you're a fucking moron.

josephpalazzo

Page 17 of crap from Gasparov, and counting...

Jason78

Quote from: Casparov on April 16, 2014, 01:23:36 AM
2) Mind is immaterial.

This is demonstrably false.   You've made an error here.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Berati

Quote1) Mind exists.
OK, I  think therefore I am

Quote2) Mind is immaterial.
Major unproven assumption on your part.

Quote3) Materialism states that only matter exists, anything immaterial does not.
I don't think so. Energy also exists and can be converted into matter and I'm pretty sure all your opponents here agree.

Quote4) Materialism is an unprovable assumption.
So is immaterialism. You say you want to proceed logically so what to do with these philosophical dead ends? The only logical next step is "I feel therefore I'm real" Everyone (including you) lives there lives like this. You have no logical alternative therefore...
Observations are not claims. If you doubt what everyone including yourself observes.. then you carry the burden of proof. I can't stress this enough and you keep avoiding it. YOU have the burden of proof regardless of how much you try to dodge it. 

Quote5) Scientific evidence exists that directly refutes Materialism.
Is there anyone left who doubts E=mc2?
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

wolf39us

Yeah reading that wall of text is a whole lot of fuck that.  Casaprov I know that you are trying to provide the most information that you can, but I sincerely believe that most people will just skip over your posts for the shear fact that they are walls of insanely long text.

Ain't no one got time for dat!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 16, 2014, 05:03:36 AM
You can't prove matter, that's too hard for you  but readily, without any proof, you  assert: MIND IS IMMATERIAL...
I don't know how much clearer you could be in pointing out this double standard to Casper, but I don't think he realizes what he's doing.  I hate to sound like the all knowing seer, but I saw this coming several pages back.  It's such as basic flaw in reasoning, but as simple as it is, he doesn't get it.  He requires no evidence for what he believes, but demands evidence from everyone else.  What a putz.

sasuke

Quote from: Casparov on April 16, 2014, 02:47:56 AM
@sasuke

lol You're right, I should have said, "No need to hear the case for Materialism, I choose to accept it on blind faith grounded in a firm belief in Naive Realism. Case closed!" and just ended it right there huh?

I wasn't talking about accepting materialism.  You think that solipsism is a good view to adopt.  I'm just encouraging you to explore and experiment with that idea.  Have you tried flying to work today, like Superman?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on April 16, 2014, 09:30:12 AM
I don't know how much clearer you could be in pointing out this double standard to Casper, but I don't think he realizes what he's doing.  I hate to sound like the all knowing seer, but I saw this coming several pages back.  It's such as basic flaw in reasoning, but as simple as it is, he doesn't get it.  He requires no evidence for what he believes, but demands evidence from everyone else.  What a putz.

And you can see that he has an agenda: once he asserts that mind is immaterial, then it's easy to just say that the immaterial does exist, and the next thing, "God exists" isn't much of a problem to just blatantly assert it.

As Feynman once said: "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." Gasparov is fooling no one but himself.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: wolf39us on April 16, 2014, 09:19:09 AM
Yeah reading that wall of text is a whole lot of fuck that.  Casaprov I know that you are trying to provide the most information that you can, but I sincerely believe that most people will just skip over your posts for the shear fact that they are walls of insanely long text.

Ain't no one got time for dat!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That wall of text is nothing but obfuscation.

Solitary

This is why I hate it when some scientists say the world is more mental than material. Einstein showed that photons are particles that do work. Particles are material objects, as are electrons. Quantum physics is still talking about particles, not mental processes, and even if they were, mental processes involve particles.  :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

leo

Quote from: Solitary on April 16, 2014, 11:08:51 AM
This is why I hate it when some scientists say the world is more mental than material. Einstein showed that photons are particles that do work. Particles are material objects, as are electrons. Quantum physics is still talking about particles, not mental processes, and even if they were, mental processes involve particles.  :fU: Solitary
And there isn't a mental process without the brain, again a material thing
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

leo

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 16, 2014, 05:06:23 AM
[/quote
Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 16, 2014, 05:06:23 AM
Let's see how far this tread goes.  He is repeating the same crap so far.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .