News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Heaven Is For Real" Isn't for Real

Started by stromboli, April 08, 2014, 10:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Is_for_Real

In the book, Christian pastor Todd Burpo writes that during the months after his emergency surgery in 2003, his son Colton began describing events and people that seemed impossible for him to have seen or met. Examples include his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born.[2] Colton also claimed that he personally met Jesus riding a rainbow-colored horse and sat in Jesus' lap, while the angels sang songs to him,[3][4] He also says he saw Mary kneeling before the throne of God and at other times standing beside Jesus.[5]

Within three weeks of its November 2010 release, the book debuted at #3 on the New York Times bestseller list. By January 2011, there were 200,000 copies in print and the book hit #1 and remaining in the top 10. In anticipation to the movie release in April 2014, it became #1 best selling non-fiction paperback.[6]

And the author (gasp!) just happens to be a Christian Pastor. Except that there is no evidence that little Colton was ever in a near death or any other experience that would justify what he saw. Book sold over a million. Movie coming out. And the true believers be a linin' up at the theater door......

Of course, a Christian Pastor would not invent shit about his kid to make money. Nah.

Hijiri Byakuren

Obviously the boy had a run-in with His Noodliness. There is no other explanation.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

I thought we already had a thread a while ago about this book and movie.

But Yeah. My mom and sister rave about that book. And when my sister said at dinner a little while back that they're making a movie, I was asked to leave the dinner table for saying "Oh for fuck's sake" out loud...  I thought i was saying it only in my head, but obviously I was wrong.

Sent via your mom