what's actually behind the gun lobby motivation

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, April 06, 2014, 12:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I guess it really comes down to not falling for or voting for the likes of the militia factions of the extreme right wing. Some elements of the fundies might try this shit too if they come into power. I kinda doubt they ever get that power, but a lot of fucked up shit happens in politics. If the idiots of the nutter wing crash the economy again who knows what might happen.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

You can lay all manner of blame at the feet of the NRA/Wayne La Pierre and I wouldn't disagree. Like I have said on here before, I was a member back in the 70's because it was more hunter oriented than now. It is a very powerful organization with a long history. Presidents of the United States have belonged to it. Currently people like Tom Selleck and Karl Malone are members. They have enormous clout and the backing of major corporate interests.

AllPurposeAtheist

I have several friends who are former members as well and quit because of the bullshit agenda they promote. As far as celebrities, I could give a dead rat fuck about celebrity bullshit.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 07, 2014, 12:13:40 PM
I have several friends who are former members as well and quit because of the bullshit agenda they promote. As far as celebrities, I could give a dead rat fuck about celebrity bullshit.

I don't have much use for celebrities either, but the rank and file members no doubt tout those people at every opportunity.

AllPurposeAtheist

Screw em..I piss off more people once they start the bullshit about their favorite celeb then I usually quite rudely tell them I don't fucking care what star you know or read about or any other celeb gossip so shut the fuck up...

I need to work on my people skills..... eh..fuck em.