News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How did life begin?

Started by follower_of_jesus, April 03, 2014, 04:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

follower_of_jesus

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

God made life. I hear that evolutionists think that life comes from nothing by magic. Please evolutionists prove by taking chemicals and dumping them in water, and then show me new life forming spontaneously. If the life didn't come from such a soup then it must have come from God.

Please repent now and seek Jesus Christ the lord our savior.

Mr.Obvious

Evolution does not pertain the origin of life, but the origin of species.
Also, you heard wrong, no magic is expected to be involved. That would go against the natural laws.
And scientists are trying to find the answer, but they'll do so on their terms, not by your standards of the faulty idea of 'dumping chemicals in water and expecting life to emerge immeadiately'.
And 'either or' phallacies won't work here.

Please read a book now and seek knowledge.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 04:25:13 PM
Please repent now and seek Jesus Christ the lord our savior.

"But anyone who says 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." (Jesus) Mat 5:22
"You fools!" (Jesus) Luke 11:40
"You blind fools!" (Jesus) Mat 23:17
"How foolish you are" (Jesus) Luke 24:25
"But God said to him, 'You fool!' " (Jesus) Luke 12:20
"You foolish Galatians!" (St. Paul) Galatians 3:1
"You foolish man" James 2:20

Please suck my cock.  I wanna come quick and hard.   O0

follower_of_jesus

But evolution says that we kept evolving and evolving. So at some point a rock or chemicals had to jump in water and evolve into a fish.

PopeyesPappy

Who says that's what happened, Jesus? Because I have never heard that from a scientist.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

wolf39us

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 04:42:46 PM
But evolution says that we kept evolving and evolving. So at some point a rock or chemicals had to jump in water and evolve into a fish.

This screams troll people... Or truly THAT ignorant

SGOS

FAKE!  FAKE!  He's a FAKE!

SGOS

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 04:42:46 PM
And God made Adam out of earth.  So what's the problem with rocks and chemicals?  Is your silly story more believable than, well...., the other silly story you made up about rocks and chemicals?

Icarus

Quote from: wolf39us on April 03, 2014, 04:47:00 PM
This screams troll people... Or truly THAT ignorant

100% troll, SGOS called it after his first post.

follower_of_jesus

A figure of speech, I mean that rocks or chemicals jumped into a lake and kept evolving into different germs, till they evolved to a fish and kept going to get to us.

But have you ever seen a scientist make a rock turn into germs? I think you have not and that is why you are insulting me with ignorance.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 04:53:04 PM
A figure of speech, I mean that rocks or chemicals jumped into a lake and kept evolving into different germs, till they evolved to a fish and kept going to get to us.

But have you ever seen a scientist make a rock turn into germs? I think you have not and that is why you are insulting me with ignorance.

Here is the difference.

No scientist is working on the hypothesis that a rock turned into germs and so into more complicated organisms.
There is an interesting hypothesis of how chemical reactions mayhaps turned into single-celled organisms. But no one is claiming that to be true or proven. Not yet at least. Because no hard evidence has been found. That's why research into such and other hypothesis' are continuing. They don't claim to have knowledge about the validity of a claim they can't prove (yet).

However. I've never seen dust (nor a bloody cloth) turn into a man. Nor have I seen a woman come from a man's rib. I haven't seen a snake lose it's legs (without transitional fossils) after it talked a couple into a bad decision. I haven't seen resurections. I haven't seen 'Parthenogenesis' in the human species. I haven't seen miracles at all. I haven't seen angels. I haven't seen the devil. I haven't seen God. And probably no-one has, and those who claim they do can't prove it. Yet they do assert the validity of a claim they can't prove.

follower_of_jesus

Do you see the sun rise in the morning each day and then set in the evening each day? Then you have seen a miracle by the power of God I tell you this

wolf39us

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 05:05:06 PM
Do you see the sun rise in the morning each day and then set in the evening each day? Then you have seen a miracle by the power of God I tell you this

OR you've seen the effect of the earth spinning at 1,000mph while on a tilted axis while revolving around the sun. 

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 05:05:06 PM

You tell me this. Yes. But it's not true.
The illusion of the rising of the sun and it's setting is not a suspension of natural laws. It is a continuation, thus not a miracle. It is entirely explainable. (Trying to evoke a spiritual and emotional sense of awe is not good enough.)

Just so you know; you are now at the level of O'Reilly's 'Tides come in, tides go out'.

(P.S. I use 'illusion' because of course it does not truly 'rise' or 'set' in the evening. It merely looks that way because we revolve around it, in case you didn't know.)

wolf39us