News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Answer this Evolutionists

Started by follower_of_jesus, April 03, 2014, 12:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason78 on April 04, 2014, 10:59:06 AM
Are we all evolutionists because we hang out on an atheist forum?
I've always hated that term.  It implies some sort of belief system, when in reality, it only describes someone who isn't a halfwit pseudoscience creationist.  Imagine someone attacking the "dogma of gravitationism".  That's what creationists sound like.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 04, 2014, 11:54:37 AM
I've always hated that term.  It implies some sort of belief system, when in reality, it only describes someone who isn't a halfwit pseudoscience creationist.  Imagine someone attacking the "dogma of gravitationism".  That's what creationists sound like.
Atheist means "Without belief in a deity." Anything else people read into it is their problem.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 12:33:02 PM
If we all evolved from nothing, then aren't everything on this planet all related. That means when I eat food I am murdering my great great great great grandmother or father. Do you really believe that is realistic. So if you are really an evolutionist y'all should just stop eating vegetables because we all evolved from each other and so its like eating grandma.

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mister Agenda

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 12:33:02 PM
If we all evolved from nothing, then aren't everything on this planet all related. That means when I eat food I am murdering my great great great great grandmother or father. Do you really believe that is realistic. So if you are really an evolutionist y'all should just stop eating vegetables because we all evolved from each other and so its like eating grandma.

I don't think even a creationist is this dumb. However, when you eat an apple, it's your cousin you're murdering, not an ancestor. When something is so distantly related to me that it's not even in the same genus, I don't feel bad about eating it.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

leo

Shit . The dude was banned . I never get a chance to ask him , how often he did crap and fart. :cry: :cry:
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

PickelledEggs

Quote from: leo on April 04, 2014, 01:54:57 PM
Shit . The dude was banned . I never get a chance to ask him , how often he did crap and fart. :cry: :cry:

That thread must never die

Sent via Internet Explorer

Solitary

He never craps, that's why he is full of shit.  :eek: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Johan

Quote from: Mister Agenda on April 04, 2014, 12:23:29 PM
I don't think even a creationist is this dumb. However, when you eat an apple, it's your cousin you're murdering, not an ancestor.
When you eat an apple, you're not murdering any relative, no matter how distant. In order to do that, you would need to eat the apple tree.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 04, 2014, 11:57:41 AM
Atheist means "Without belief in a deity." Anything else people read into it is their problem.
I was talking about "evolutionist".