News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Answer this Evolutionists

Started by follower_of_jesus, April 03, 2014, 12:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shol'va

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 04:14:51 PM
I haven't but some people have died and were brought back to life and said they saw the glory of God. Don't believe me, google it. You aren't paying me so I won't be doing your homework for you
Google and you will find scientific explanations for these halucinations induced by brain trauma.

stromboli

That was like somebody opened a window and we got a noxious blast of stupid for a couple of hours, then aitm shut it. Had to spray my keyboard with air freshener.

Shiranu

Hah, you fool! I AM A CANNIBAL, YOUR PETTY LOGIC TRICKS DO NOT EFFECT ME!

Atheism - 1, You - 0.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

If you go back far enough we're eating super novas.

That's just fuckin' cool.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Sorry ass cannibals dont scare ole Cheesy Crust any. Might make baby Cheesy cry a little but not Cheesy Crust.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mermaid

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 12:33:02 PM
If we all evolved from nothing, then aren't everything on this planet all related. That means when I eat food I am murdering my great great great great grandmother or father. Do you really believe that is realistic. So if you are really an evolutionist y'all should just stop eating vegetables because we all evolved from each other and so its like eating grandma.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hakurei Reimu

So if I eat Leela, my cat, I'm eating grandma? Whom I adopted when she was a kitten? Decades younger than me?

Now there's some timey-wimey!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on April 03, 2014, 08:50:07 PM
So if I eat Leela, my cat, I'm eating grandma? Whom I adopted when she was a kitten? Decades younger than me?

Now there's some timey-wimey!

You must be a time traveler. Delorean? or T.A.R.D.I.S.?

AllPurposeAtheist

Follower, you're really into rimming priests I bet aren't you? I only mention that because your own ass is probably completely dried and to tight to...well, never mind.  This is grossing me out thinking about it. :vomit:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

josephpalazzo

Yep, a story that says the earth was created before the sun, with talking serpents and talking burning bushes can really make it big in Hollywood... oh wait, it did... :doh:

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 04, 2014, 08:47:17 AM
talking burning bushes
Sometimes in the woods at a certain distance from a rushing mountain stream, it sounds like voices to me.  I'm serious.  It sounds like a bunch of people talking at once.  Not all the time, but every now and then it takes on a certain "voices of a crowd" quality.  As yet, none of the voices have been intelligible, and I've yet to make out a specific word or phrase, and most of all, I have not been commanded to do something by the voices.

I've fought forest fires for the Forest Service too, but never heard anything from a burning bush other than some crackling and popping, and an occasional hiss sound.  I suppose it takes a certain gift of the senses to understand what a burning bush is actually saying, and I suspect not all burning bushes have something to say.

God gave Moses the gift of understanding what a burning bush was saying, or maybe God chose a burning bush to vocalize his thoughts.  He could have chosen a rushing stream, or he could have said the words himself from out of the sky.  He works in mysterious ways.  For some reason he thought a burning bush was the best way to talk to Moses.  It's not ours to question why.  But when you think about it, it makes perfect sense.  Don't you agree? :biggrin:

Jason78

Answer this Evolutionists

Are we all evolutionists because we hang out on an atheist forum?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Atheon

If we all evolved from nothing,
Nobody has ever said we evolved from nothing.

Quotethen aren't everything on this planet all related.
Yes, that's right (but for the wrong reason, since it's a non-sequitur).

QuoteThat means when I eat food I am murdering my great great great great grandmother or father.
Nope.

Cousins. Distant cousins (like billionth cousins or some super high number).
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason78 on April 04, 2014, 10:59:06 AM
Are we all evolutionists because we hang out on an atheist forum?
I used to be a giveafuckist. Unfortunately (for them) fundies convinced me that was a bad idea.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

I'm pretty sure you're a troll, but I haven't had a good argument in awhile.
If we all evolved from nothing, then aren't everything on this planet all related. That means when I eat food I am murdering my great great great great grandmother or father. Do you really believe that is realistic. So if you are really an evolutionist y'all should just stop eating vegetables because we all evolved from each other and so its like eating grandma.
Why should the fact that I'm distantly related to a plant stop me from eating it? Christians believe we're all descended from Adam and Eve, but that hasn't stopped you from killing in the name of God. At least when I kill it's only for the purpose of survival. What's the Christian excuse?

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 12:40:16 PM
The good lord makes it our mission to preach to the evilutionists and other blasphemers. It is our duties as followers of Jesus to do so as it says in the bible

Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Are you so blinded by your worship of yourself that you can't see past your nose and realize that the lie of evolution is physically impossible
Are you so blinded by your worship of imaginary friends that you can't see how ludicrous your belief in a celestial skydaddy who defies the laws of physics is? If evolution was impossible, you would never have been born. You evolved from your parents. After all, you inherited traits from both, and due to minor alterations resulting from the combination and minor mutation of their genes you have some traits that neither one has. Without evolution, your conception and subsequent birth literally could not happen.

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 12:46:37 PM
Well I am very sorry to regret to you that you will be burning in hell when you die for your arrogant worship of self. I promise that it gives me no pleasure. If it were up to me everyone would be converted and hearing the good news of Jesus Christ.
Of course it gives you pleasure. Christian or Muslim, you folks just revel in telling us how we're going to burn in an easy-bake oven for eternity. I'd go so far as to say that you're so obsessed with Hell, you haven't given so much as a thought to what your Heaven is like. Have you really considered the fact that either way, you're looking at eventual boredom, followed by insanity, followed by curling up into a vegetable.

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 01:02:37 PM
Tooth fairy is a children's story.
This is just rich.

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 01:02:37 PMThe Bible is thousands of years old and is the word of God and Jesus Christ and his disciples.
The Epic of Gilgamesh and the Hindu Vedas are older still. If age is all that matters, your Bible is out-classed by a good 4000 years.

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 01:02:37 PMNot believing in the tooth fairy only affects your teeth won't get money. Not believing in God and Jesus our lord and savior will result in y'all being sent to hell to burn in eternal torture and pain.
The point of the tooth fairy example is that it's not real. The money is really from one's parents; the tooth is taken by them and either kept in a little box or thrown in the trash. It's as fake as the promise of reward or punishment after death.

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 01:02:37 PMIs there not an argument for evolution that can explain how eating an apple or a carrot is not like eating your grandma considering evolutionists insist on forcing into our schools that we all evolved from one thing.
It's not like eating your grandma because your grandmother is an ancestor. The carrot I'm eating as I type this is many things, but it is not my ancestor. The only thing this argument demonstrates is that you are a very desperate troll.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel