New Saudi Arabian law equates atheism with terrorism

Started by Valigarmander, March 31, 2014, 07:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 02:10:31 PM
I am not one to agree with moslims, but this is something I think would be wise to pass here in America. atheists think they can say what they want and rudely insult the bible and Jesus. It is not much different than terrorism except the use words as their weapons. If they don't believe in God so much why don't they get the hell out and form their own atheist country. I'll tell ya why. Without God's blessing and grace that country will fail, that is why America is failing thanks to the atheists.

Unless the constitution had a typo and there is no freedom of religion, your request is a ridiculous joke.

Ill tell you what. Since you have the problem you can move, because thats the only realistic way we will ever be separated.  I hear Greenland is nice.

Hydra009

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 02:10:31 PMatheists think they can say what they want and rudely insult the bible and Jesus. It is not much different than terrorism except the use words as their weapons.
Blasphemy is almost like terrorism in the same way that apples are almost like aircraft carriers.

QuoteIf they don't believe in God so much why don't they get the hell out and form their own atheist country.
If you don't like living near atheists, you don't have to.  I hear Saudi Arabia is nice this time of the year.

PickelledEggs

I hate to be possibly playing devil's advocate (almost as much as I hate using that phrase) but I kind of like the idea of me being thought of as a terrorist in the eyes of an islamic country.

Here is why: Basically that isn't muslim is a terrorist to them. Seem familiar to anyone? *cough cough* The U.S.'s view on islamic countries *cough cough* (or at least most of the U.S.'s view from what I've seen in media and conservative view) I know that not every muslim is a terrorist. I know a lot of people in islamic countries don't even like all that violence. I've talked to them via social networks. And while I know that a lot of people are peaceful folk, I can now officially relate to another culture on a whole extra level. Because now, the same way this country generalizes their islamic countries for being terrorists, they are calling us terrorists for having beliefs, or in our case for being atheist, lack of belief that challenges their beliefs.

We are now 2 countries that are calling each other terrorists. Maybe in a way both countries are right.

Maldini

And people think it's not OK to hate Muslims, the majority are pricks so fuck them all.

Jason78

Quote from: stromboli on April 03, 2014, 03:23:16 PM
This is the equivalent of going to Ohio and Pennsylvania and declaring the Amish as terrorists because they don't watch television.

Those monsters!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

doorknob

I never knew I was a terrorist. Well guess I'll convert to Islam now. I don't want to terrorize them with my thoughts.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: doorknob on April 12, 2014, 09:00:02 PM
I never knew I was a terrorist. Well guess I'll convert to Islam now. I don't want to terrorize them with my thoughts.
If I ever find myself in a predicament where I have to talk my way out of being incarcerated in Saudi Arabia for not being one of them, I could aways just pretend I'm muslim and I can use my mom's maiden name.

rex

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 13, 2014, 02:47:22 PM
If I ever find myself in a predicament where I have to talk my way out of being incarcerated in Saudi Arabia for not being one of them, I could aways just pretend I'm muslim and I can use my mom's maiden name.
The fact that you must hide means they win.

PickelledEggs

I'm rarely anything less than blunt with what I believe in, but if it came down to being honest about my beliefs and dying/being put in prison overseas versus shutting up and surviving, I'll take the latter.

They don't win if they don't permanently shut you up.

Man that fights and runs away lives to fight another day.

La Dolce Vita

No wonder Saudi Arabia condemns Norway for breaking human rights!

The Skeletal Atheist

Another good reason I'm never going to Saudi Arabia. We should just make a list of reasons not to go:

It's hot in the summer.
Rural infrastructure leaves much to be desired.
Very dry from what I hear.
No booze.
No sodomy unless you're part of the underground subculture.
No booze.
No booze.
No booze.
No booze.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hydra009

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 03, 2014, 04:26:48 AM
Another good reason I'm never going to Saudi Arabia. We should just make a list of reasons not to go:

It's hot in the summer.
No booze.
No booze.
No booze.
No booze.
No booze.
Basically, it's like Texas without booze.  :P

DunkleSeele

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 03, 2014, 04:26:48 AM

It's hot in the summer.
No booze.
No booze.
No booze.
No booze.
No booze.
Yes, but roads are safe! :cool:
(running for cover...)