why Islam has zero tolerance for criticism?

Started by no-excuses, March 29, 2014, 08:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

I'm looking forward to when the bible reloaded guys begin to talk about the stories written in the Quran, the same way they have for the bible stories.

I'm predicting while unlike christians, who were moderate to having there sacred book and its stories mocked, I believe Hugo and Jake will have images of them burned in the streets and rabid cries from Islamic extremists to have them publicly executed in the streets.

Now if your excuse me, I need to go draw a picture of Muhammad, and use it to pick up my cats shit from the little box with.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Munch on October 29, 2014, 12:39:55 PM
Now if your excuse me, I need to go draw a picture of Muhammad, and use it to pick up my cats shit from the little box with.

Go one better and wrap your old pork chop bones in it!   :mrgreen:

Deidre32

I'm not sure Islam as a whole is to blame, as much as people who misinterpret it, or abuse it for their own gain. There is a lot of beauty in Islam, and I can say that for any religion. I don't need to believe in a deity to say that...it's just what I've come to learn. There is so much of the quiet Muslim community that we never hear from, we only hear what the mainstream media has to say about it, and they pervert truth, too. I have Muslim friends who moved from Syria to the US a few years ago. They are not so sensitive that they can't handle people speaking against their faith, but they say that living as a Muslim in the middle east, depending on where, is a whole different story. But, there are far more open minded, peaceful Muslims than there aren't. Just my thoughts.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

pr126

Deidre32 wrote:
QuoteI'm not sure Islam as a whole is to blame, as much as people who misinterpret it, or abuse it for their own gain.
I would like you to read the Quran, (freely available on the Net), chapter 8 and 9 would be a good start.

Here is one: 

QuoteFor the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb,- those who understand not.
Quran 8:22

That means you, Deidre32.

baronvonrort

Quote from: Deidre32 on January 19, 2015, 12:43:56 AM
I'm not sure Islam as a whole is to blame, as much as people who misinterpret it, or abuse it for their own gain. There is a lot of beauty in Islam

Islam is to blame, they have the death penalty for blasphemy.

QuoteMauritania

A court in Mauritania on Thursday sentenced a man to death for insulting the founder of Islam.
www.nytimes.com/2014/12/26/world/asia/death-sentence-in-mauritania-for-islam-insult.html?r=1

Is a muslim considered moderate if they support death for apostasy and blasphemy?

Deidre32

Quote from: pr126 on January 19, 2015, 01:53:04 AM
Deidre32 wrote:I would like you to read the Quran, (freely available on the Net), chapter 8 and 9 would be a good start.

Here is one: 
Quran 8:22

That means you, Deidre32.

I have read the Qur'an actually and the Hadith and there are many areas of it that I don't agree with, but not all Muslims hold a stringent orthodox view of the Qur'an. I'm not a supporter of religion, any religion, but I don't believe that we are at war with Islam, but rather extremists.

Far more Muslims are not violent and peaceful.

Deidre32

Quote from: baronvonrort on January 19, 2015, 06:49:55 AM
Islam is to blame, they have the death penalty for blasphemy.

Is a muslim considered moderate if they support death for apostasy and blasphemy?

The Bible has the same problems, too.