Argument from ignorance must die

Started by rex, March 27, 2014, 12:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex

People must stop invoking god every time something can't be explained because if a neanderthal can't explain cell phones doesn't mean they are made by god.
Why must I explain this to people still? It's so easy.

aitm

Well, ignorance will never die, it can't, there are too many opportunities for it to spread, and it is so easily obtained.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

Cell phones are made by God talking to those that make them. When are atheist going to admit that God makes everything through His servants of God. Dumb atheists! He! He! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Without ignorance the rest of us wouldn't feel smart.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

leo

To be fair intelligent people can be ignorant too. Some intelligent people are religious.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Gawdzilla Sama

The problem isn't ignorance, it's willful ignorance.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 28, 2014, 07:18:35 AM
The problem isn't ignorance, it's willful ignorance.
I've always defined ignorance as a lack of knowledge, and willful ignorance as stupidity.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on March 28, 2014, 07:30:14 AM
I've always defined ignorance as a lack of knowledge, and willful ignorance as stupidity.
I've always defined ignorance as a lack of knowledge, and willful ignorance as fear of knowledge. The fundies are afraid that if their religion is proven false they won't go to Heaven. As they've invested this life in that one goal their who purpose for being will have collapsed.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Quote from: rex on March 27, 2014, 12:29:33 AM
Argument from ignorance must die

Except it wont, because it's too ignorant.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Moralnihilist

Quote from: rex on March 27, 2014, 12:29:33 AM
People must stop invoking god every time something can't be explained because if a neanderthal can't explain cell phones doesn't mean they are made by god.
Why must I explain this to people still? It's so easy.

Since you seem to think you have all the answers(based off of your posting history), what do you intend to do about it?
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

rex

Quote from: Moralnihilist on March 29, 2014, 09:43:03 PM
Since you seem to think you have all the answers(based off of your posting history), what do you intend to do about it?
Why are you talking bullshit?

Moralnihilist

Quote from: rex on March 31, 2014, 03:31:10 AM
Why are you talking bullshit?

Im not the one running around this forum telling people what they should be doing, whilst acting like I have all the answers. That would be your department. So again since you seem to think(again based off of YOUR OWN posting history) that you know what is best for everyone, what are you going to do about it?
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: aitm on March 27, 2014, 11:12:43 AM
Well, ignorance will never die, it can't, there are too many opportunities for it to spread, and it is so easily obtained.

We're all born ignorant. The question is: what kind of education will you get after you're born?

Solitary

Quote from: Moralnihilist on March 31, 2014, 06:43:21 AM
Im not the one running around this forum telling people what they should be doing, whilst acting like I have all the answers. That would be your department. So again since you seem to think(again based off of YOUR OWN posting history) that you know what is best for everyone, what are you going to do about it?

What do you think should be done about it? Or do you think God is the answer for everything? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Solitary on March 31, 2014, 11:02:49 AM
What do you think should be done about it? Or do you think God is the answer for everything? Solitary

I have no idea, thats why Im not running over this forum telling people what they should be doing.

As to god, I am an atheist sooo yea....

=edit=
Rhetoric, such as that brought forward by the OP, is rather pointless. Coming to an atheist website making claims that god does not exist, agnostic atheists are pusses, and that logical fallacies are bad is much like a priest preaching to the choir and about as meaningful as a theist coming here preaching. All in all, the OP reminds me of a young petulant child trying to fit in with people. Where people like this sit around and piss and moan about how things "should" be, others are out in the world trying to make things better in reality.