News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi, I'm Alex and I need your advice with something

Started by AlexPLA, March 25, 2014, 06:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexPLA

I apologise if this seems like a weird early post, but I have a fairly simple question tied to a weird story.

A japanese girl came to Romania 2 days ago to visit a friend she has here. She's never been to Romania before and I went to drive her from the airport. I know her friend but she couldn't come because she had a night shift. So I went to the airport and the plane came at 1:00 AM, she knew I'd be waiting so it wasn't a problem finding her.

Anyway, we went in the car and started driving. Everything was good, we were talking, she seemed very interested in our culture since she was never outside Japan (talking in english obviously).

The awkward thing happened after a few minutes of driving thru a forest when she said "Do you know that japanese girl that was killed here a few weeks ago". At that moment I remembered that about 5 weeks ago a japanese girl was taken from the airport by a guy pretending to be a taxi driver, driven into the woods and raped/tortured/killed. And needless to say I felt really awkward at that moment since I'm a Romanian guy driving an asian girl thru the forest at midnight and she just happens to mention a dead japanese girl.

And I would have kept quiet about it but she quicly realized what I was thinking and started apologizing and then I apologised for making her think I thought that and so on. And it was weird. There was an air of silence all the way to the destination after that. We both tried to start a new conversation but didn't quite work. It wasn't like I was upset or she was upset or anything like that, just that it was weird.

I'm writing this because next week I'm supposed to take her back to the airport and I am a little worried because I don't know if I should mention it again, or let it go ( I'm thinking of letting it go) but what if there is the same awkward feeling again, then should I mention it? I don't quite know.

Plu

Uh... ok. What made you think this place would be the best one to ask this question..?

As to what you should do... probably just let it go? Sounds like a harmless screw-up to me.

AllPurposeAtheist

Just don't mention atheism and our propensity to eating babies.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Since you believe it was an issue, and it may very well be an issue with her, I think you should address it. Ask her flat out if she can find someone else or if she can bring someone along she trusts to accompany you, or if there is anything you would like her to do to make her feel more comfortable. At the very least, offer her a copy of your drivers license so everyone knows who you are.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shol'va

Well, first off, I am also Romanian, so let's start with the point that by default we are going to be weird in the eyes of a Japanese girl that never set foot outside Japan.

You need to accept that and move on and never speak of the conversation in the woods. It was awkward, move on.
Had she been uncomfortable enough with the whole situation she'd have voiced her concerns.
At this point I say that the ball is in her court.

hrdlr110

Did you kill the other Japanese girl? If so, maybe that's why she felt uneasy.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

PickelledEggs

After I read "A Japanese girl came" I lost interest and stopped reading....

Anyway, welcome! :)

stromboli

You said Japanese girl. You tease. Anyway, I'd agree with aitm. I'd discuss it or offer to find someone else, if it was an issue.

aitm

besides who the fuck trusts Romanians......I mean, in every movie I have ever  seen they are really really bad people...ergo...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

doorknob

I'm probably late to the party but I'd just let it go.