News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How smart are birds?

Started by josephpalazzo, April 16, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Any bet that this bird is smarter than Casparov?

josephpalazzo

Jason78

They can't be that smart, they used to be dinosaurs.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

josephpalazzo

Which leads to the possibility that dinosaurs might have been a lot smarter than we think. Just imagine if they hadn't been extincted, they would have been 40 millions years ahead, and by now, they might have developed interstellar travelling?!??

aileron

Quote from: Jason78 on April 17, 2014, 07:25:20 AM
They can't be that smart, they used to be dinosaurs.

If birds evolved from dinosaurs, then why are there still dinosaurs? 
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

aitm

Quote from: aileron on April 17, 2014, 10:39:12 AM
If birds evolved from dinosaurs, then why are there still dinosaurs? 
completely off topic but I remember a movie where some zombies where chasing some people including some gal with "special skill" ( I can't remember exactly) anyway, I'm watching this and thinking..."what the fuck...two scenes ago the zombies couldn't figure out how to climb over a chain link fence and now their operating a space ship"?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

I had a Blue and Gold Macaw that would get out of his cage even though it had two locks, one at the top of the cage, and one at the bottom that had to both be unlocked at the same time for him to get out. I finally decided to spy on him and see how he did it. He took a long branch in his cage to push the bottom one open and at the same time he opened the top one with his beak. Then to top it off he put the branch back where it belonged so you couldn't know how he did it. They are known for their lock smith  abilities.  They are also good talkers, but not as good as an African Grey, two of which drove me nuts making it sound like the microwave, coffee pot, and telephone was ringing. I taught the Blue and Gold to answer what is your name with "God is dead!"  :eek: My Catholic wife did not like it when her mother and dad asked him what his name was.  :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

ApostateLois

This crow made up a fun game to play with humans!

http://youtu.be/gUiGEDnf5e4
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"