Take THAT, Vegetarians! MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAH!

Started by stromboli, March 24, 2014, 12:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Here's an article that says crab might be good for people with anxiety.  I'd take it with a grain of salt also:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/the-nutrition-of-crab.html

What are the Health Benefits of Crab?

Crab is an excellent addition to a healthy eating plan. It is low in calories with only around 85-90 per 100g (depending on crab type). It does contain some fat, but it is generally unsaturated fat which is considered heart healthy. Crab is also a natural source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to improve memory, decrease the chances of having a heart attack, decrease risk of cancer, and possibly help to improve depression and anxiety.

Hydra009

I've tried to eat less red meat and eat more white meat (fish, primarily).  And have a more varied diet (more nuts/beans, more mushrooms - god I love mushrooms - more veggies, less carbs (with the exception of beans) and less soda).  I don't know if it's doing much, but I do feel better.

wolf39us

I've been working on a Paleo / Ketogenic diet for the last 2 weeks personally and have had some good results overall lately.  There are studies upon studies of all types of diets... pros and cons and it's really tough when all of these studies are coming from so many different doctors.

I don't have any blood tests to reference but I have indeed watched sooo many videos regarding sugar, HFCS and carbohydrates in general.  After taking out the carbs and most of my sugars I am down from 211.5 to 202.3 as of this morning.

I believe that many of the studies will be conflicting depending on what is actually eaten and what all of the foods contain... Simple carbs, complex carbs etc.  A vegetarian diet will inherently have a high number of carbs, but it really depends on what types of carbs and how much of them is going in.

Your fat levels are determined by your insulin levels (well, whether your body stores or burns does anyway).  Obviously I am no dietitian so I can't say for sure, but as I said... so far a primarly meat and high fat diet has been doing and has done in the past just fine for me :-)

Solitary

Quote from: stromboli on May 05, 2014, 12:51:02 AM
I don't see Marijuana or beer on there anywhere. Everybody knows that these two by themselves cover every food group under "Knoshing" and "Munchies."

You forgot wine! Eat! drink! And be marry! For tomorrow we die. I think it is correct that everyone is different. I have by nature very small arteries and veins, and when I was younger and body building it took a long time to effect my health, but was when I got older. I had to watch what I ate because my arteries were getting inflamed from what I ate. My wife on the other hand has arteries like fire hoses and can eat anything without problems. But even she is seeing problems now. There is a town in Italy that has the highest cholesterol and no heart disease---go figure. And dietary test by high protein, high, carbs, as well as high fats, showed the those on fat diets lived longer. I'm sure it wasn't animal fats though. I'm not a health fanatic, I just want to be able to enjoy my life as much and as long as I can. I don't think going to extremes on diet is healthy, and that moderation in everything is better. I'll drink to that, and maybe get high with Mary Jane. Solitary 
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

flippingboats

why would you be happy about that.. im sad that we need to eat other nervous system containing animals to survive. i cant wait for this lab grown meat to come out.

stromboli

Quote from: flippingboats on July 05, 2014, 01:04:23 AM
why would you be happy about that.. im sad that we need to eat other nervous system containing animals to survive. i cant wait for this lab grown meat to come out.

I was going to say some really sarcastic shit but you're new here, so.....welcome.  :biggrin:

AllPurposeAtheist

Strange isn't it? I knew a gnarly old Texan who drank beer from sunup till passing out, barely cooked his red meat which he ate a lot of, he chewed tobacco, pissed his pants, was obnoxious and so on, but his heart was in pretty good shape. I went to the doc with him. In fact I made him go. I, on the other hand eat some red meat, but not a huge amount, prefer vegetables and fruits, etc., but guess who got the stent in his heart.. A lot is genetics.
Still, these studies always make me wonder who is funding them. If the Cattlemen's Foundation is funding it I for one would be SHOCKED, SHOCKED I say if the study said ANYTHING good about eating red meat.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nam

I'm currently on a Mac&Cheese diet but that's because i'm poor.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

the_antithesis

I decided to try a garbage plate. I guess it's a Rochester, NY thing that I've never heard of before.

Source

QuoteA Garbage Plate is a true Rochester delicacy. It is a disorganized combination of either cheeseburger, hamburger, Italian sausages, steak, chicken, white or red hots, a grilled cheese sandwich, fried fish, or eggs, served on top of one or two of the following: home fries, fries, beans, and mac salad. A plate is always made to order. Then, the plate is adorned with optional mustard, onions and Rochester's version of hot sauce. Some restaurants will charge for extra helpings of hot sauce, and the hot sauce varies widely in flavor and spiciness. A plate is usually served with a side of white bread and butter, though some restaurants charge extra for bread. It is said that the purpose of the bread is to soak up the grease left after you've eaten the garbage plate. [/url]