Why I Believe Atheists are Going to Hell

Started by JamesWatt, March 22, 2014, 05:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

If something can't come from nothing where did God come from? Man kinds ignorance, that's where.  :wall: Solitary

PS If God just is, why can't reality just be, with do beginning either?

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

You're all just discounting the'Big *POOF*' theory.. Which personally I think should be a TV show..  Oh wait..it is staring Pat Robertson..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

How the universe was formed is within nothing anyone can assume, but i will always trust science in its theories of how the universe was created well before religion, seen as how all reasonable debate just end when you use fictional made up stories that work against science itself.

I've heard one theory that there was a universe before ours, and the matter that formed from it was compressed much like a dwarf star compresses matter, and from that, where they was something before that died out like how suns die out, it sparked a new formation of matter from whatever same before.

Trying to make the excuse that this could only happen because of a made up fairy tale entity, when science has given account of how dwarf stars form and die, is going against every piece of scientific finding we have today. And I am so happy that we live in such a time that science has found such discovery, and is working to understanding the nature of the universe itself, all of which religion doesn't want to follow, since its understanding of the universe will always end with 'magic explains it'.

Children explain things in the real with magic, children grow up.

Also, when it has been said that matter cannot be destroyed, it can only be shaped and turned into other forms of matter, that made more sense to me then being told 'god has always been' and he has shaped the universe'. It makes me mad, because it has been science that has done so much in our understanding of the universe, while religion has always held us back.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Has anyone ever thought about the possibility that our universe is the White Hole end of a Black hole? That maybe stuff is still entering, which is why the universe is still expanding. I'm sure I'll get shot down on that, but wanted to ask.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: doorknob on September 18, 2014, 10:30:45 AM
what makes people assume that the universe can't come from nothing? Why is that not a possibility? I'm sorry but your argument is invalid. that's like saying ah ha! My hair exists so hair gnomes also exist! See how it doesn't hold up?
It has to not come from nothing, else there's no reason for a god. A god that came from nothing...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mike Cl

Quote from: stromboli on September 18, 2014, 12:58:20 PM
Has anyone ever thought about the possibility that our universe is the White Hole end of a Black hole? That maybe stuff is still entering, which is why the universe is still expanding. I'm sure I'll get shot down on that, but wanted to ask.
Actually, that is sort of what I think too.  Can anybody shoot it down?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on September 18, 2014, 12:58:20 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that was the case, you'd see expansion from a central point.  Instead, there's expansion pretty much everywhere.  Space itself is expanding, not a point in space.

Solitary

Good point, but what is at the beginning, if anything? The Tooth Fairy?  :winkle:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: Solitary on September 18, 2014, 03:18:07 PM
Good point, but what is at the beginning, if anything? The Tooth Fairy?  :winkle:

Hey, you can really go places with this. Could be the universe is the period from some incredibly vast cosmic mother. The big bang was basically flushing the toilet.

Mike Cl

The beginning??  Can there ever be a 'beginning'?  If there is a beginning, what came before that, then?  A New Beginning????? This is making my head hurt.

If the black holes are sucking up energy, it must go somewhere.  So, is each black hole budding a new universe?  Each one beginning with a 'big bang'?  That does not answer the ultimate question, but this universe could have spawned from another one.  So there is an infinite number of universes.  And each one spawning others. 

So, I would say that there is not an ultimate beginning--therefore there cannot be an ultimate end.  Since I live in a finite life, in a finite world, that is hard to comprehend.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

I personally think black holes are supermassive gravity compression wells, that sucks up all matters in it, and sprays it back out into another form of matter, like subatomic particles.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 18, 2014, 06:17:41 PM
The beginning??  Can there ever be a 'beginning'?  If there is a beginning, what came before that, then?  A New Beginning????? This is making my head hurt.

If the black holes are sucking up energy, it must go somewhere.  So, is each black hole budding a new universe?  Each one beginning with a 'big bang'?  That does not answer the ultimate question, but this universe could have spawned from another one.  So there is an infinite number of universes.  And each one spawning others. 

So, I would say that there is not an ultimate beginning--therefore there cannot be an ultimate end.  Since I live in a finite life, in a finite world, that is hard to comprehend.

Time is relative, Its all the same thing really. Perhaps there was no beginning, there was ALWAYS something. And that something was not created in the beginning by someone, but rather, always was in existence.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 18, 2014, 09:43:51 PM
Time is relative, Its all the same thing really. Perhaps there was no beginning, there was ALWAYS something. And that something was not created in the beginning by someone, but rather, always was in existence.
I guess so.  That has to be it--in fact, it could be no other way.  But my entire life I've looked for beginnings and endings--most probably because I had a beginning and I'll have an end.