Why I Believe Atheists are Going to Hell

Started by JamesWatt, March 22, 2014, 05:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteGod can't come from something since He always existed.

The Universe didn't/can't come from something since it always existed.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

James,  are you the formrr agriculture secretary under Reagan? if so then that would explain a lot of why I'm overwhelmed with the thought of telling you you're full of shit.  :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Almost everything that we are aware of follows rules of physics and nature as understood by science. The universe itself has been shown, through the most recent discovery of inflation, to have originated at a known time in the past. This proves a scientific theory that has stood since Einstein. Theories that were derived by learning the laws and rules of nature and physics.

Your god supposedly created them but does not follow the same rules he supposedly created with the universe. Your god is not provable to exist by the very rules he supposedly created. Your god is one of thousands that are now no longer worshiped because they were proven false. Your god is no more true than any of them.

Your holy book is full of flaws, false history and contradictions that prove it to be a work of fiction and terribly flawed. Your belief is based not on any knowledge but only belief you cannot prove. Quote your bible all you want, make any statement you want, you can't prove it and are merely making threats against people more learned than you.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on March 22, 2014, 08:42:28 PM
The Universe didn't/can't come from something since it always existed.

Beat me to it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

AND WE CAN'T GO TO HELL BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST.

AllPurposeAtheist

I went to Hell, Arizona once. Well, actually just passed through hitch hiking. The real hell is in Kentucky I think.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Am I the only one wondering why these guys are able to post outside the intro page? This is at least the 2nd person today that posted complete, utter bullshit with less than 10 posts and outside the introduction forum.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: JamesWatt on March 22, 2014, 05:04:45 PM
Why does the universe center around you?
You're the one who believes that the All-Powerful Creator of the Universe gives a flying fuck what you do with your life or what you believe.

He only cares about pebbles, man. That's why he made so many of them.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

St Giordano Bruno

I don't understand how anyone could be an atheist other than total mindless belligerent obstinacy, because obviously, that which does not exist can't cause anything so the universe can't come from nothing. We only have evidence for causation from something. Some atheists claim outside the universe doesn't abide in the cause and effect inside of the universe, but if that were true then the universe would never come into existence. Of course God can created from outside of time and space since God would transcend time and space. People say God can't create without time. Sure He can. He creates timelessly.

The only other approach I have ever seen atheists attempt is to claim the universe always existed in an infinite regress of cause and effects; but of course, that's false, because if there was an eternity of the past of cause and effects, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now so you should have already happened, having had an eternity to do so. It gets even doubly worse for the atheist, because if a past eternity was true, then you should never have existed because that past eternity would go on for eternity never reaching this point. Therefore, infinite regress is a man made delusion.

I guess I should say why I believe Jesus is God over other faiths. The reason I believe this is because I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings. Group hallucinations are medically impossible - people never hallucinate the same thing. People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie so the Apostles truly believed it; that is, they did not fraudulently make up their eyewitness testimony. Swoon theory fails because Jesus wouldn't convince anyone He is the risen Messiah all tattered and torn, scourged down the bone, holes in His feet and hands, unable to walk on the 3rd day. Legends theory fails because the Apostles believed it from the beginning, set up the first churches on the resurrection appearances of Jesus, and even Paul who was converted about 2 years after the cross said he spent 15 days with Peter, with James, and with John who were key eyewitnesses. Their faith goes right back to the cross. I know the movie "The Enemy" (2014) might convince someone Jesus had a twin brother, but his character and nature couldn't fool the Apostles who had spent 3 years with Jesus.

I believe a sinner is eternally separated from God because God can't have fellowship with sin. Therefore, God the Son mercifully enters His creation to pay the penalty and ransom for sin so that whoever believeth in Him shall not perish but receive everlasting life. Those who do not receive what Jesus did for them to redeem them back to Him shall perish in a state of eternal conscious separation from God. The closest thing I can think of what Hell will be like for Muslims, Atheists, JW's, 7th  Day Adventists, Mormons, Calvinists, Roman Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, Scientologists, other Gnostics, Deists and Agnostics, etc. is simply jail. We throw people in jail for life so for those who reject Jesus who He truly is, the 2nd Person of the Trinity, must be eternally separated from those God loves, His elect, sons and daughters, namely Christians and saints from the OT. That would be very unloving of God to allow someone who rejects and despises God to be able to interact with a person who is regenerated, has the Holy Spirit indwelling and eternal blessings, for there is no sin in the New City and New Earth.

Since there is no resurrection accounts (notice you are unable to find any sources in antiquity) except Jesus claiming to be God , He is the One and Only. For the atonement to be authentic, the Atoner must come in our likeness, the likeness of flesh, and that's what Jesus does as a perfect sacrifice for sins. When Jesus returns to reign on earth for 1000 years as the Son of Man, He will defeat the evil nations, and His overcomer believers will reign on earth over the nations for 1000 years before the New City and New Earth commence into eternity future.

That's why I believe what I believe since I don't know how disprove it. And there can be no greater proof. I can't even lose salvation, because I gave my life to the God who keeps: those who are born-again "they shall never perish" (John 10.28). Just ask yourself what proof could be better, and you will come up empty handed. You might claim you would believe if Jesus came before you now, but that contradicts His claim when He returns everyone will know it, and why would you even believe it who selfishly comes before you and not others. Why does the universe center around you?

He may take a very dim view of those that subscribe to the words passed down by Middle Eastern goat herders than the truths revealed through nature and better scientific understanding of the universe and sentence you to hell.  Better to believe in no god at all than believe in the wrong one because each time you pray to the wrong god you piss him off more and more. 
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 22, 2014, 10:48:01 PM
Am I the only one wondering why these guys are able to post outside the intro page? This is at least the 2nd person today that posted complete, utter bullshit with less than 10 posts and outside the introduction forum.
Wolf made a pretty big deal out of the whole "we're getting rid of the 10 post requirement" deal. Guess you missed it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Oh. Yeah I did miss that. Never mind.

Sent from Planet X

Poison Tree

This copy-past BS again?
People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie so the Apostles truly believed it; that is, they did not fraudulently make up their eyewitness testimony.
Explain the Branch Davidians, both the ones who died and the ones who are still faithful.

No point in writing any more; not like he's actually looking for an honest discussion.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Atheon

To the OP: what you have stated is simply unsupported assertions. Prove your god exists, or we have no reason to believe in it.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Alaric I

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 22, 2014, 07:29:21 PM
I think we're being a tad harsh. Jamed brings us the very reasonable premise that we're all going straight to hell and we mock him! :blahblah:

If you just turn your lives over to Christ absolutely nothing will happen other than a few billion brain cells die and really, isn't that a small price to pay to not have to worry about real problems in our lives like rent, food, survival and rational thought? :dance:http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2037

But if you accept it as truth and it's not nothing happens.  If you reject it and it is true you burn in hell. :rollseyes:.  Why do we entertain this crap anymore?