Why Do Organisms tend to exist?

Started by FractalEternalWheel, March 22, 2014, 03:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elect

Quote from: SGOS on March 26, 2014, 09:57:22 AM
I think butterflies are happy.

It would seem that way, but butterflies are mean little assholes when you get to know them personally.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: FractalEternalWheel on March 25, 2014, 05:31:31 PM
well they aren't proven wrong ether so your argument does not prove anything.
You're the one making a claim, I haven't made a claim but rather questioned the merit of your claim because you haven't provided evidence for it. The burden of proof is on you to prove your claim, not on me to disprove it.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

I'm still working on how one chooses to not exist. In order to choose not to exist, you first have to exist. Otherwise you can't choose. I'm confused.

aitm

Quote from: stromboli on March 26, 2014, 05:18:51 PM
I'm still working on how one chooses to not exist. In order to choose not to exist, you first have to exist. Otherwise you can't choose. I'm confused.
I am going to take a stab at Sartre.....it is suicide "a priori"  existing simple for the availability to commit suicide. Now that may not actually be the understanding of "a priori" per Sartre but I am sure I will be corrected.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on March 26, 2014, 10:21:20 PM
I am going to take a stab at Sartre.....it is suicide "a priori"  existing simple for the availability to commit suicide. Now that may not actually be the understanding of "a priori" per Sartre but I am sure I will be corrected.

Wow, thanks. That cleared that up. Uhhh.......

Jason78

Quote from: Elect on March 26, 2014, 11:32:52 AM
It would seem that way, but butterflies are mean little assholes when you get to know them personally.

Are you sure that you're not thinking of moths?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on March 26, 2014, 05:18:51 PM

That's because God works in mysterious ways. Who the fuck are you to question his wisdom?