Help former Muslim to self publish his book “From Islam to Womanism”

Started by yang, March 20, 2014, 11:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yang

Hello,

Help  me to self publish my book “From Islam to Womanism” that is how and why I renounced Islam.

Click here
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-self-publishing-from-islam-to-womanism

I am a former Muslim, renounced Islam in 1973 and turned to atheistic humanism. Born and brought up in Jummu & Kashmir, the state of India in an orthodox Sunni Muslim family, my parental name was Mohammad Ashfaq Hussain. In 1997, I changed my name to Yang Burz Home.
I am writing under pen name M.A.Hussain. I am an independent researcher, writer, a self-taught cultural anthropologist, a political satirist and a blogger. One of my draft research papers on Islam can be accessed at this link: http://www.academia.edu/1813187/Non_Theologicentric_view_of_islam.
I have a manuscript, titled "From Islam to Womanism, My spiritual Journey"  approximately 90000 words and containing 200 pages. The manuscript is complete and  ready for publishing.
I tried my level best to get it published with  mainstream publisher but they are not  willing to publish the book because of criminalization of criticism of Islam and even scholarly criticism is labelled is not tolerated. I am determined to get it published. I have decided to self-publish the book but I do not have funds for the same and need $ 5000 for editorial, printing and publishing services. If you think that such a book should  be published, please donate. If you cannot donate, please spread the word, let the like minded people know about it. 
The book is my spiritual journey from Islam to Womanism. It is thought provoking,  pro-woman, humanistic, scholarly, a piece of a creative and critical thinking that will interest general readers as well as academia, the political left and the right, and all those who
are interested in Islam. It is not merely about why I renounced Islam, it is also how I became an atheist; why I did not convert to any other religion, what led me to new spirituality, Womanism, the pinnacle of humanism, and what are its theoretical and philosophical foundations.  It may be deemed to be an atheist invitation to more than one billion Muslims to renounce Islam, and a guide to become an atheist.

The book is worth to be given as a gift to Christian converts to Islam and Muslims aspiring to be atheists. It is better than others on the market, as it is a true story and is consistently scholarly book.  I have adopted Non Theologicentric approach in  understanding Islam and treated Islam as RIA(Repressive Ideological Apparatus).

AllPurposeAtheist

It sounds interesting. We have a handful of women atheists here, a few who work with publishers. (well, one I think) If I were a woman and remotely interested in Islam I might read it,  but the truth is I'm in the process of creating jobs in the brewery sector by drinking enough beer to forget that women are even allowed to exist. Did I mention that love stinks?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

StupidWiz

... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Solomon Zorn

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com