WOAH.. Kansas sure loves their freedom! Teabaggers...

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, March 19, 2014, 05:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteIn a move that should surprise no one, the State of Kansas ramps up it's movement toward more crazy legislation by offering out this doozy: when you report police abuse, you must swear out an affadavit which makes you subject to felony charges if any portion is 'shown false' and the officer is provided all of this information ahead of time.

http://kansasexposed.org/...

The Kansas House Standing Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice has introduced a bill that will require private citizens who file complaints against police officers to sign an affidavit, acknowledging that if their allegations are proven false, they can be charged with perjury, which is a felony charge.

Furthermore, this bill prohibits a Kansas law enforcement agency from opening an investigation into a complaint if another law enforcement agency has already investigated the complaint and found in favor of the officer.

In other words, this bill would allow police departments to arrest the people who file complaints against police officers. In Wichita, Kansas, complaints are almost always dismissed, by the Wichita Police Department, so, according to this bill and its vague wording, the WPD, could now go arrest the people who file complaints against their officers.

Since most charges are dismissed out of hand, filing a second report could potentially make you a felon just for reporting abuse.

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

This is nuts. How anyone can call themselves "freedom loving" and then do everything possible to turn their government into a rigidly controlled police state is beyond me.

AllPurposeAtheist

So a cop in Kansas can pick you out on the street for absolutely no reason other than not liking you, beat you or even kill you and if you complain with or without proof you become a felon by default for not liking cops beating the shit out of you.
I can see this one going to federal court.
If you are beaten by police in kansas don't bother with police, call the feds right away. For that mattrr even if you want to report a robbery call the FBI instesd of the police.

stromboli

I don't understand how anybody who believes in human rights could possibly allow this. This empowers everything from racial profiling to cops beating up some dude because he is having a bad day.

AllPurposeAtheist

Who said anything about human rights? Human rights is some liberal dirty hippy shit and don't you forget that buddy!

Glitch

I recently had a really messed up run in with the cops.

Long story short, there was a huge car accident, road was blocked, I showed up about 3 minutes after the cops did, they pulled me over, profiled my car, as it is beat to shit, took my keys, did a Search and Seizure of my car, took my really nice eCigarette, then sat me down on the curb next to about 20 other people who had the same things happening to them. They also made it so that nobody could text, call, or take photos/videos by confiscating our cell phones if we brought them out. About 2 hours and some odd minutes later, they finally asked me for my "statement" of what happened, and I was like.. I saw nothing. You guys did this to me, never even checked my license, registration, or insurance, and I've been sitting here smoking real cigarettes for the past 2 hours with this random guy named Fred. (not kidding)

Anyways, after that, I went home, went to bed, as it was almost 1 AM, and then woke up. Called the local police station, and according to them, the accident never happened, even though I saw body bags being carried out, nobody was held against their will, and they also didn't take my really nice, fully moded and customized light saber eCig.

Moral of my story?

Even in California the cops are completely corrupted. ESPECIALLY in California... This country is doomed I say...

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Plu

That's corrupted-third-world-country level scary.

wolf39us

Quote from: Glitch on March 20, 2014, 08:13:47 AM

Long story short, there was a huge car accident, road was blocked, I showed up about 3 minutes after the cops did, they pulled me over, profiled my car, as it is beat to shit, took my keys, did a Search and Seizure of my car, took my really nice eCigarette, then sat me down on the curb next to about 20 other people who had the same things happening to them. They also made it so that nobody could text, call, or take photos/videos by confiscating our cell phones if we brought them out. About 2 hours and some odd minutes later, they finally asked me for my "statement" of what happened, and I was like.. I saw nothing. You guys did this to me, never even checked my license, registration, or insurance, and I've been sitting here smoking real cigarettes for the past 2 hours with this random guy named Fred. (not kidding)

Anyways, after that, I went home, went to bed, as it was almost 1 AM, and then woke up. Called the local police station, and according to them, the accident never happened, even though I saw body bags being carried out, nobody was held against their will, and they also didn't take my really nice, fully moded and customized light saber eCig.

Moral of my story?

Even in California the cops are completely corrupted. ESPECIALLY in California... This country is doomed I say...

Dude!  What the fuck!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

josephpalazzo

Moral of my story?
It's reality imitating art. If you've watched Homeland, in one episode, the son of the presidential candidate has a hit-and-run, in which an old lady dies, then everything is covered up as if nothing ever happened, even the daughter of the old lady who was killed is paid handsomely to keep quiet. So there.

Moralnihilist

Moral of my story?

What type of e-cig?
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Hijiri Byakuren

We have one political party that wants to watch everything you do, and another who wants to make enforcement so brutal they don't have to watch you. I'm not sure which one I'm more scared of.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Glitch

Quote from: Moralnihilist on March 20, 2014, 11:55:55 AM

What type of e-cig?

Innokin iTaste 134 Mini with a bunch of mods my boyfriend put on it for me to make it look like a sith light saber. Had it for about 3 days.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm considering an e-cig to make a stand at quit smoking these lung crushing non filtered cancer sticks. I'd need non filtered e-cigs.

Glitch

I highly recommend that one I had. As far as tanks go, that's all personal preferences.

It took me about... I'd say 2 weeks to completely quit cigarettes for ecigs. I found waking up, smoking one regular cig, sticking to your ecig throughout the day, then smoking another cigarette before going to bed will eventually make you hate cigarettes (mostly the taste and the blow by) and you'll then be highly addicted to your awesome new ecig, and never be able to put it down for more than 10 minutes.  :biggrin:

AllPurposeAtheist

Maybe I'll just go get arrested so I have to go cold turkey in jail.