News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Muslims For Peace?

Started by Solitary, March 18, 2014, 11:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch

I remember a couple years ago, I went to an amusement park, by accident, on "Muslim Day" (I don't know, they totally did not advertise this on their site...) and I was literally shoved to the back of lines, called an inconsiderate, half-naked temptress (mind you I was wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants!!), and a "B" several times. Security couldn't help me because they felt they were "expressing their freedom of thought"...

Yeah... don't shove 16 year old girls to the back of lines that they had been waiting in for almost 2 hours... It's really not nice.

I have to admit, though I hate to, a great deal of Islam followers, at least the ones I've had run ins with, are very inconsiderate to other cultures.

Though, I also have to admit, I have a few very close friends who do, very loosely, follow the Islamic faith.

SGOS

Quote from: Glitch on March 20, 2014, 05:35:40 AM
I remember a couple years ago, I went to an amusement park, by accident, on "Muslim Day" (I don't know, they totally did not advertise this on their site...) and I was literally shoved to the back of lines, called an inconsiderate, half-naked temptress (mind you I was wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants!!), and a "B" several times. Security couldn't help me because they felt they were "expressing their freedom of thought"...

Yeah... don't shove 16 year old girls to the back of lines that they had been waiting in for almost 2 hours... It's really not nice.

I have to admit, though I hate to, a great deal of Islam followers, at least the ones I've had run ins with, are very inconsiderate to other cultures.

Though, I also have to admit, I have a few very close friends who do, very loosely, follow the Islamic faith.
Muslim Day or not, this does not speak well for the so called "most Muslims" that political correctness says defines actual Islam.  At an amusement park, I would assume you are dealing with "most Muslims".  The very idea of "Muslim Day" suggests a day for people who cannot fit in with regular society.  Is this something society needs to promote?

But then, by accident you went to Muslim Day.  So you get a snoot full of what Muslims think about you and your culture.  They hate you, don't want you around, and they want to oppress you with the pettiness of going to the back of the line.  Welcome to "most Muslims" that political correctness says you should believe are really swell people.

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2014, 12:46:25 PM

Do you really believe that in a normal day a traditional looking muslim family would be treated nicely in an amusement park?
Most people along with myself would treat them kindly, unless they were acting like dickheads.

wolf39us

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2014, 12:46:25 PM
What Glitch went through is definitely disgusting. However, I don't get something. Why do you think muslims -or any other group- would want anyone to think they are swell people. Do Christians or Jews give a slightest fuck what other groups think about them or their culture? Do Chinese and Indian people? Do you care what people think about your culture?

Basically, you demand that a group of people who is pretty much hated and seen automatically as as 'Arab' terrorists or pedophiles by every other group around them stop hating these people back and act swell just because who they are? How did these muslim minorities act 15 years ago? Was this a problem? DÄ°d you talk about it?

How do Christians treat other minorities they 'hate'. It doesn't have to be religious at all. How do they interact with transsexuals or gays and lesbians? Hispanic or Black people? How do Europeans and Americans treat immigrants generally?

Do you really believe that in a normal day a traditional looking muslim family would be treated nicely in an amusement park?

I really don't think it's that deep DS.  What I think is that she was just trying to get on a ride and was mistreated by some asshole jerks.  Doesn't matter if this group of people is hated on... she was just a 16 year old girl at an amusement park, I mean really.

Glitch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2014, 04:42:45 PMYou are even ready to evaluate the "Muslim Day" only from an angle negative from their side. Have you ever thought that it is pretty much possible that they invented a Muslim Day because good white American Christians didn't want these people around them when they are having family time with children in an amusement park?

I still went in, even though I could see them all lined up. I guess it was a slight mistake on my part, but I had reserved my ticket online ahead of time on that day...

If anything, I was more disappointed that they didn't advertise this to people outside of the Islamic community (no offence to them) because then I would have let them have their peace at the park (mind you prayer time was the only time I could get on any of the rides... but that required walking around a bunch of people who were kneeling... it was interesting to say the least.)

As far as the good, white, American Christians, I actually think this may have been started by them.

pioteir

I saw the video and I see what Cameron and other public figures around the world are doing giving in to islam and fear of violence backing it. And I can clearly remember the words of Christopher Hitchens about a silent, underlying death wish in all religions. The desire to put an end to this miserable veil of tears and venture to the next world. And I'm terrified that we are all subject to this. Do we really tolerate intolerance??
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

SGOS

Quote from: Glitch on March 20, 2014, 09:46:19 PM
As far as the good, white, American Christians, I actually think this may have been started by them.
I would assume it was started by Muslims so that they could have their own day in the park without being offended by other cultures.  I don't think most Americans would mind if they used the park on an ordinary day, but I don't think that offers an ideal world of pure Islam for Muslims. 

baronvonrort

Quote from: StupidWiz on March 19, 2014, 07:36:13 PM
I know, it's a sad reality that we, ex-Muslims are facing right now. The least we can do is just warn them, if they don't want to hear it and accuse us for being racist (like Islam is a race? lol  :eyes: ) and "Islamophobic" (another word invented to shame the critics of Islam) , well, it's their call. We can only do that much.

It has been a few years since i have been called a "Racist Islamophobic bigot"

If you ask a muslim about Islam they will sugar coat it in the hope you will accept it, if you ask an ex muslim about Islam they will say it is bullshit barfed up by a 7th century desert bandit.

Who would want to worship a god that demands 20% of all war booty?

baronvonrort

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 22, 2014, 08:04:47 AM
You were just called a bigot. I called you that a few times and you tried to insult me with making the shoe in my name 'hoe', because I am a female poster and you are a butthurt simpleton. Most people didn't find your posts significant enough to respond, because like this one^ they all repeated the same bullshit in the same manner, over and over again, without offering any discussion. Stop acting like a victim. 

Do you call critics of christianity bigots or is that something you only call critics of Islam?

Can you cite any of your posts in this forum where you have called critics of any religion other than Islam bigots?

I pronounce your name with a silent "s", you chose your name.

I prefer to post in other forums where there are muslims instead of this forum which gives Islam a free pass while all other religions are fair game, i thought this was an atheist forum perhaps i have come to the wrong place.

Your posts are full of bullshit, dont expect me to respond to any more of your garbage.

baronvonrort

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 22, 2014, 09:28:52 AM
You lying piece of shit. Get the fuck out of my face.

Please cite one of your posts where you have called a critic of any religion other than Islam a bigot, you only call critics of Islam bigots.

I accept people are individuals and have different styles of criticising religions, you cannot accept people having different individual styles when it comes to being critical of Islam, you are quite happy for people to bash other religions yet you are always defensive with Islam.

Islam is the only religion that has the death penalty for atheists in 13 Islamic countries which have Islam as the state religion.

Of course all you have is abuse towards those who are critical of Islam, do you ever abuse critics of other religions,are you a hypocrite?

Maldini

It's just a simple misspelling, It's religion of piece, a piece of you here, another piece of you there.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Maldini on April 11, 2014, 02:12:29 AM
It's just a simple misspelling, It's religion of piece, a piece of you here, another piece of you there.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Walker_Lee

Islam is just another stupid man made religion. Religion make wars, arguments,  and even stuff such as stupid rants saying "go to hell".
God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 19, 2014, 02:56:00 PM
Islam is just another stupid man made religion. Religion make wars, arguments,  and even stuff such as stupid rants saying "go to hell".
Lol I can name a few other religions that start wars in addition to Islam. Can you, Walker?

Sent via your mom

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 19, 2014, 02:56:00 PM
Irony, thy name is Walker Lee.

Sent from Monster Island. Titty sprinkles.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel