News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Where would you go, now?

Started by josephpalazzo, February 23, 2014, 01:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Another excellent blog from Ethan Siegel. He  imagined himself travelling on the Enterprise (ST:TNG), going to places he would want to visit in our galaxy. Great pix.

Where would you go, now?

Hydra009

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Hydra009"Alphard, naturally.   :)

Quote(? Hya, ? Hydrae, Alpha Hydrae) is the brightest star in the constellation Hydra. The name Alphard is from the Arabic ????? (al-fard), "the solitary one"...

the_antithesis

I would likely go to Seattle, although I'm unsure why.

Jack89

Quote from: "the_antithesis"I would likely go to Seattle, although I'm unsure why.
The fish market.

Jack89

All those constellations and nebula are absolutely beautiful, but I think I'd like to find a planet with some life that I could interact with.

GrinningYMIR

The Citadel, or Illium. Or the Normandy
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

renasimplified

Quote from: Jack89 on February 23, 2014, 07:49:06 PM
The fish market.

It's called Pike Place Market :) and it is awesome! 

Johan

I know we like to think of ourselves as being better than this. But if you look at our track record as a species you quickly realize that if we were actually able to travel to other worlds where other forms of life existed, we would go wherever we knew there was a form of life or a resource that we could exploit for our own gain or possibly have sex with. We're people. Its what we do.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mr.Obvious

I would go to a planet with a primitive alien-race, have them build pyramids and then die happy knowing the confusion it would bring later on.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solitary

Did I hear my name mentioned? Solitary  I want to go to Azure.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.