Noah film edited due to 'historical inaccuracies'

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, March 07, 2014, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "Minimalist"
QuoteNow that the movie is edited, how are we supposed to know what the inaccuracies were?

What ever is left is inaccurate.

somewhere in there is a Sherlock Holmes quote..

:rollin:

stromboli

So lets see.... 450 foot boat made entirely out of wood built by 8 people that can hold thousands of animals, tons of food, be completely water tight and withstand heavy seas, and water that suddenly expands tens of thousand of times in volume for 40 days and then disappears, and said boat drifting thousands of miles and winding up on a mountain 10,000 feet in the air. Boy, let's not mess with that.

AllPurposeAtheist

The disclaimer should have read: Yeah, we know this is 99.99999% bullshit, but for accuracy there was water, boats and animals back then.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Please, please, please let them have left in the part where koalas were launched back to Oz via local volcanoes.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Johan

Next they're going to tell me that Batman cartoons contain 'historical inaccuracies'.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

Quote from: "Johan"Next they're going to tell me that Batman cartoons contain 'historical inaccuracies'.

Hey, I don't care about Noah, but DON'T MESS WITH BATMAN.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "Johan"Next they're going to tell me that Batman cartoons contain 'historical inaccuracies'.

Hey, I don't care about Noah, but DON'T MESS WITH BATMAN.
Too whiney.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

St Giordano Bruno

An "historically accurate Story of Noah" is an oxymoron right from the very start; like an historically accurate first toy delivery run by Santa Claus and his flying reindeers. Would it be just a impossible to round up all those animals of the face of the Earth as it would be for Santa Claus to descend down every chimney on Earth in his toy delivery run?
Of course I never thought that, Noah had a companion called "Santa Claus" and employed his magic powers of making reindeers fly to make elephants and pigs and two of every species of animal on the face of the Earth to fly as well, thus making Noah's job a lot easier.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

AllPurposeAtheist

You guys know there were NO historical inaccuracies in Bugs Bunny coloring books. Bugs bunny was in a book so there's concrete proof of his existence.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sal1981

QuoteGodawa is also concerned that this "uninteresting and unBiblical waste of a $150 million" will make it difficult for Christian screenwriters like him to find employment.
Oh reee-eee-eeealy?

St Giordano Bruno

OK I will correct the inaccuracies, the Tigris and Euphrates breaks their banks and floods most of Mesopotamia; and old tribesman goat herder, fisherman, hunter gatherer called "Gilgamesh and his crew" sails out on a rather large fishing boat and rescues the odd stranded goat, donkey, dog, and chicken. Stuff anything bigger than a donkey, they are too fucking big. As for elephants, man eating lions, and giraffes! "no fucking way" he said. "God! are you nuts" he said - and it came to pass.......

Still working on the script  :rollin:  :rollin:
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

darsenfeld

hhmmm...So King Arthur was historically inaccurate too, right?
consistency is for dopes....

St Giordano Bruno

Now how to correct those historical inaccuracies of that Noah film 

josephpalazzo

If you cut out all the inaccuracies, what you get is a blank screen.

Anyone for pizza and beer?

leo

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 28, 2014, 09:26:06 AM
If you cut out all the inaccuracies, what you get is a blank screen.

Anyone for pizza and beer?
The flood was caused by Chuck Norris sneezing. This is the real life version of the events.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .