News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Streaming Cosmos on FOX Network

Started by SGOS, March 07, 2014, 11:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I hope the title doesn't get people without cable excited.  I can't find a streaming option for this event coming on Sunday.  I don't have a TV connection.  I've googled around and I could find a 1 hour stream of hype for the event, but nothing for the actual program.  Obviously, I'd like to watch this series as it happens, advertisements and all if I have to.  I might have to wait until it comes out on disk or something.  I'd even pay for the stream if necessary.  It's on National Geographic and Fox.

Anyone know of an option?  I don't expect everyone to start googling.  I just thought someone might already know if it can be done.

stromboli

Nada. Just glad its on National Geographic. I avoid Fox like the plague.

AllPurposeAtheist

National geographic channel is a fox lacky anymore, but I'll probably check it out. Soon as they bring up cosmojesus, *click*!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aileron

If it's on FOX, you can get it over the air unless you're in EBF.  Over the air is better quality than cable now.

Edit:  If your TV can't receive ATSC, or you don't have a TV, a video capture card or USB stick would work too.  In my experience though the built-in antennas that come with those things suck and will only work if you're pretty in the close suburbs of a metro area.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

SGOS

During the streaming of the 1 hour hype (billed as Q and A from Tyson and the producers), they laughingly talked about the discontinuity of Cosmos appearing on, of all things,  FOX Network.  They said they had discussed the show with "all the other channels that might be interested in airing a scientific educational show" and were continually told these channels all demanded the right to edit out the "uncomfortable" parts.  Not so with FOX.

One guy quipped that it was because FOX likes to make people uncomfortable.

Shol'va

The fact that Fox is affiliated with this in any way blows my mind.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

aileron

Quote from: "Jason78"Is it not available on TVTorrents.com?

That wouldn't stream it live though, and besides, it's illegal ( says the guy with 8 terabytes of copyright violations  8-[ )
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

dawiw

Just watched it.. really nice.

It's on you tube.
I remain unconvinced by any claims anyone has ever made about the existence or the power of a divine force operating in the universe."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson.

dawiw

Just watched it.. really nice.

It's on you tube.
I remain unconvinced by any claims anyone has ever made about the existence or the power of a divine force operating in the universe."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Plu

SGOS

Quote from: "dawiw"Just watched it.. really nice.

It's on you tube.
Great.  I really appreciate that information.  But what puzzles me is why it was only advertised for cable TV.  Maybe Utube was an afterthought, or god forbid someone posted it without permission and it will be gone before I get there.

SGOS

It appears on Hulu.  I don't subscribe, but they are letting anyone watch this here:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/604551

dawiw

-Neil deGrasse Tyson.

SGOS

I just finished it on Hulu.  I thought it was good, but there wasn't a lot of new stuff.  Still, it was well done, and better special effects than the original.  I look forward to the rest of the series.