News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What's for dinner?

Started by Hydra009, March 04, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

southern fried chicken and mash potatoes.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

6 oz sirloin, steak fries and a salad with blue cheese from the Ol Steakhouse in Corpus Christi. For 30 plus years it was the Longhorn Steakhouse until a year or so ago the The Longhorn Steakhouse chain came to town and made the owner's an offer they couldn't refuse to change the name. The name may be different but the steaks are still better than anything you can get from the chain.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Youssuf Ramadan

Chicken, new potatoes and salad.

PopeyesPappy

Old topic but...

Big ass salad with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green peppers, tomatoes, boiled egg, bacon crumbles, bits of blue cheese, blue cheese dressing, a roll and thin strips of pan fried medium rare filet mignon.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 22, 2017, 10:14:32 PM
Old topic but...

Big ass salad with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green peppers, tomatoes, boiled egg, bacon crumbles, bits of blue cheese, blue cheese dressing, a roll and thin strips of pan fried medium rare filet mignon.

Get rid of the blue cheese, and it looks great!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 22, 2017, 10:14:32 PM
Old topic but...

Outstandingly impressive!  I'm not big on soft stuff in my salads, and I prefer ham on my "whole meal" salads, but a medium rare filet sliced thin along the grain with a horse-radishy ranch dressing on the side and a deviled egg or 2 ends up on the inside the same way.  Just in a slightly different order.  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 22, 2017, 11:37:20 PM
Get rid of the blue cheese, and it looks great!!

Nooooooo... Blue cheese and steak go together like cinnamon and sugar.

Cavebear

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 23, 2017, 08:14:32 AM
Nooooooo... Blue cheese and steak go together like cinnamon and sugar.

To each their own, but when MY cheese goes moldy, I toss it.  LOL!  It reminds my of 2 things. 

1.  An uncle spent time in Hawaii and tried Poi.  He described it as Library Paste gone bad".
2.  A coworker spent 3 years in Korea and tried Kim Chee.  "Make cole slaw.  Leave it on the kitchen counter for a month.  When it is thoroughly rooted, bury in in the ground for another few months.  Eat...

Beats me, I never tried either and do not intend to.

PopeyesPappy

I've had both. I agree with your uncle on poi, but I've had some kimchi that was edible. Most of what I tried was too spicey for my taste, but some it was OK. Not much different than some of the sauerkraut I've had over the years. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to stomach any of the stuff fermented with seafood in it, but I can't eat that shit in it's Scandinavian versions either.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 23, 2017, 08:37:15 AM
I've had both. I agree with your uncle on poi, but I've had some kimchi that was edible. Most of what I tried was too spicey for my taste, but some it was OK. Not much different than some of the sauerkraut I've had over the years. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to stomach any of the stuff fermented with seafood in it, but I can't eat that shit in it's Scandinavian versions either.
both my grandparents were first generation Swedes--straight from Sweden.  They loved their pickled herring, blood sausage and pudding, head cheese, and luta fisk.  I loved them, but could never stomach that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 23, 2017, 09:41:26 AM
both my grandparents were first generation Swedes--straight from Sweden.  They loved their pickled herring, blood sausage and pudding, head cheese, and luta fisk.  I loved them, but could never stomach that.

If you don't like eating it by 2 years of age, you probably never will.  An exception is pickles and such.  There seems to be a point around 16-20 when the sour taste comes in over the sweet. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 08:22:52 AM
To each their own, but when MY cheese goes moldy, I toss it.  LOL!  It reminds my of 2 things. 

1.  An uncle spent time in Hawaii and tried Poi.  He described it as Library Paste gone bad".
2.  A coworker spent 3 years in Korea and tried Kim Chee.  "Make cole slaw.  Leave it on the kitchen counter for a month.  When it is thoroughly rooted, bury in in the ground for another few months.  Eat...

Beats me, I never tried either and do not intend to.

Kim chee in Korea, is anything pickled.  In America, it is only cabbage, and it is denatured (made so as to not smell of rot).  Home made kim chee smells ... bad!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 23, 2017, 08:37:15 AM

In Iceland they have shark meat buried in beach sand for awhile ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Hot Italian sausages going down my throat, that's my dinner tonight.

Gawdzilla Sama

My favorite supper is breakfast.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers