Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Passionate Apathy

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 02, 2014, 10:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

DarkAntics/Darkmatter2525 just posted this:

[youtube:boq8j6zu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-AqN2JJ6E[/youtube:boq8j6zu]

I'm still deciding what I think about it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Damarcus

I feel that he sort of rambles a bit, I haven't seen his videos in ages, but he does raise a good point about being afraid of offending others. I've recently come to realise that if I give my position calmly and rationally and they still get offended, then it's their fault, not mine.
Quote from: \"Tony Harrison\""This is an outrage!"

Quote from: \"Plu\"When you can\'t wield logic, everything sounds like an insult.

stromboli

He's right and also wrong. I for one don't feel compelled to attack religion at every turn, because I have other issues to deal with in my life. Yes, apathy is bad. But for him to paint with a broad brush a large segment of the atheist population is just as judgmental and guilt driven as religion. More than any other group, atheists are individualists. This because each of us came to atheism in different ways and live in different circumstances. He can make all the statements he wants, but nothing will change my way of dealing with life issues.

Moriarty

<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

AllPurposeAtheist

About a minute in I automatically dislike this prick. Fuck him. He's basically saying he's a superior atheist because he picks fights. That's as far as I got.  He put me off immediately.   :Hangman:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.