News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

tabletop games

Started by PickelledEggs, February 28, 2014, 04:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

A new thread for tabletop games.

I personally haven't played one in years, but I figure it might be a nice thread to discuss and share your table top gaming stuff/times.

Here is my space marine army, btw. Small. and I haven't gone back to finish repainting them in about 7 or 8 years, but I still have em!  :lol:

p.s. Please excuse my dusty hat.

GrinningYMIR

oooh, nice army you have

Always wanted 40k armies
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

That fucking hat ruined it. I demand it be removed immediately!   :evil:  :x  :-|  :-?  :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"That fucking hat ruined it. I demand it be removed immediately!   :evil:  :x  :-|  :-?  :)
lol

Poison Tree

I've never played table top games, but I did used to play with the Risk pieces on the Life board.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Hydra009

I love the idea of tabletops, but the reality of buying, painting, and storing miniatures gives me the willies.  Props to the the people who have that kind of talent/disposable income, though.  A big guilty pleasure of mine is Banter Batrep.  They post videos of some matches, and it really does seems great.

But if were to make an army, I know exactly which Legion I would go with...

Edit:  My second pick is Thousand Sons.

SilentFutility

I've got a load of probably 12 year old space marines in a box somewhere along with a load of scenery I used to make.  :rollin:

I really used to enjoy looking at scrap items around the house and coming up with cool things to turn them into. Polystyrene packaging not only comes in cool shapes which when painted look like weird industrial shapes etc. but can easily be cut with a knife to make bunkers etc.

PickelledEggs

yeah. I wish I had millions of dollars to spend on space marine figures. It's just too much money. Maybe down the road, I'll start slowly building my army again.

I also wanted to share this. I have never been so entertained by people playing board games. I've been watching this youtube series for about a year now and can say it's one of my favorite things (on the computer or tv) to watch.

[youtube:oqfrxf7q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-61i3R5y9Y[/youtube:oqfrxf7q]

btw, I actually met Chris Hardwick in a Starbucks last year. He's a really nice guy.

SilentFutility

Look on ebay...there are always people selling whole armies and un-assembled, unwanted gifts etc.
If you just want to play the game for little outlay that's the easiest way...

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "SilentFutility"Look on ebay...there are always people selling whole armies and un-assembled, unwanted gifts etc.
Oh. Good call! :)

SilentFutility

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "SilentFutility"Look on ebay...there are always people selling whole armies and un-assembled, unwanted gifts etc.
Had a little look myself and got tempted.
Don't have the time, space, energy, money etc. etc.  :rollin:

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "SilentFutility"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Had a little look myself and got tempted.
Don't have the time, space, energy, money etc. etc.  :rollin:
:lol:

I went and looked at the Games Workshop website about a year ago to look at pieces for my army. This is a ridiculously and unnecessarily large army, but....

//http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1230006a&prodId=prod2160196a&amp;_requestid=561985

I don't even know how many months it would take me to assemble all of those. and then how many years it would take to paint them all.  :rollin:

Hydra009

Oh God, the Smurfs.  I suppose it doesn't really matter for the tabletop, but in the lore the Ultramarines are colossal jerks to other Legions (surpassed only by the Space Wolves) - especially to the Word Bearers and Alpha Legion.  The surprisingly fecund Chapter is somehow enviable and detestable at the same time.  Never forget Eskrador.

Jason78

Which is why Everyone Loves Slaanesh.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

Quotein the lore

In the Warhammer lore everyone is a bunch of raging, horrible assholes to everyone up to the point where you start feeling sympathy for the fucking Tyranids :P