News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Kid sister is an atheist

Started by irish, February 08, 2014, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "irish"My kid sister is an atheist.  She often demands God "come down and prove himself" to her. Does this mean she does believe in a God she is just a waitin' for him to show up or what.  I am Catholic.

Hello, (belatedly) Irish!

Imagine if your sister said something similar about Santa Clause and I think you'll be spot-on with the implications of her phrasing: She doesn't believe in God, but on the off chance that he's real and wants her to believe that, he's welcome to enlighten her. Unless or until that happens, no belief.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Deidre32

I consider myself a recovering Catholic. lol
Looks like your sister is awakening to the truth. Truth as it actually is, not as she has been indoctrinated to believe. Truth just is. Religion requires force and fear to perpetuate it. Unlike truth. Truth will set you free, as they say.

Welcome to the forum, Irish. :-)
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

YouCanCallMeDave

Quote from: "irish"My kid sister is an atheist.  She often demands God "come down and prove himself" to her. Does this mean she does believe in a God she is just a waitin' for him to show up or what.  I am Catholic.

Im curious to know how you both coming from the same family which is religious, caused your sister to want to be an atheist ?    What do u see this as ... just rebellion,  a bad experience she had at a church,  all her friends are atheists, or something else ?   thanks for explaining.

jumper

PickelledEggs

Irish, why don't you have your sister join? it seems kind of mean to talk behind her back, don't ya think?

I promise I wont talk about poop....

.... on her intro.....

.....maybe.