News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Elder scrolls online nda lifted

Started by Aroura33, February 25, 2014, 10:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroura33

So I just spent 30 minutes typing out an in depth review of this game, and it vanished when I submitted.
So... This game is awesome. Very innovative in many ways. Too pissed off to retype it all. :(

Overall 9/10 for this game. If you are interested in a buddy key, pm me.

This is the 3rd time I have written a post that vanished.  WTF?
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

aitm

&8/edit/scratch-back/ dot

*cos/data-scratch-ex/

com-purl/.exe.dat.

oh...er......hehehe hi...jes....typing a ..er....secret message to...er..............
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

sasuke

Quote from: "Aroura33"So I just spent 30 minutes typing out an in depth review of this game, and it vanished when I submitted.
So... This game is awesome. Very innovative in many ways. Too pissed off to retype it all. :(

Overall 9/10 for this game. If you are interested in a buddy key, pm me.

This is the 3rd time I have written a post that vanished.  WTF?
Sorry to hear that.

From what I've seen on youtube, people are upset about the Imperial Edition, calling it a cash grab.  For example, allowing those who purchased the IE to gain experience and level faster than others seems excessive in a game where everyone has already paid $60 initially + $15/month.
I'm a bit disappointed.  However, I just heard that there's a 20% off for pre-order, so I'm willing to try it.

Aroura33

Yeah, that is mostly people being idiots.
The exp booster only works at low levels. Lots of recent games have had the exact same thing for pre-order, an early level exp booster. Rift and Secret world. Lifetime and/or special edition buyers get extra stuff. People are bitching about nothing, as usual.

For instance, I read one guy complaining that imperial edition buyers get a horse that goes faster than other horses, but that is just lack of reading comprehension. It is a regular mount, the speed boost refers to over run speed. duh. And 3 to 5 days early access? also totally standard for every mmo in the last few years.

They do get access to a single race, I'mperials, and imperial armor crafting. But other people will get the armor too, they just have to earn it a different way.

Point is, life time and special edition players always get perks, and these are pretty typical perks.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

sasuke

Quote from: "Aroura33"Yeah, that is mostly people being idiots.
The exp booster only works at low levels. Lots of recent games have had the exact same thing for pre-order, an early level exp booster. Rift and Secret world. Lifetime and/or special edition buyers get extra stuff. People are bitching about nothing, as usual.

For instance, I read one guy complaining that imperial edition buyers get a horse that goes faster than other horses, but that is just lack of reading comprehension. It is a regular mount, the speed boost refers to over run speed. duh. And 3 to 5 days early access? also totally standard for every mmo in the last few years.

They do get access to a single race, I'mperials, and imperial armor crafting. But other people will get the armor too, they just have to earn it a different way.

Point is, life time and special edition players always get perks, and these are pretty typical perks.
We'll see how it goes.  I missed a beta trial because I was on the road.
What's over run speed by the way?

Aroura33

The horses vary depending on level, just like other games.  The free horse we get is the starter horse speed.  It just looks cool. I don't know how fast exactly over run speed it is.  Not a lot.  Some people had horses in beta (randomly drawn), and they weren't flying by.
Leonard Nimoy

Aroura33

I still have 2 buddy keys, if anyone is interested.  Beta starts Friday.
Leonard Nimoy

Sal1981

pfffft, you can get both keys from me, if anyone wants (pm me, if you want them).

sasuke

I only played for about an hour with the beta key that Aroura gave me due to work getting in the way. This was my first experience with an mmorpg and I didn't enjoy it much.  I will stick to games like nwn2, Dragon Age 1, and Skyrim.  Enemies re-spawning less than a minute after I killed them felt odd.  I also enjoy taking my time, pausing the game, thinking about the strategy to employ against the next group of enemies, switching to a spell I like, and then attacking... instead of having to have a fast reaction time as with eso.  The game did have enough races/classes/skills to make it interesting, and the scenery was good.  Immersion is probably good in eso, but I can't be sure due to me being constantly worried about the time.

Given my short experience with the game, it's obvious that my opinion on it isn't well supported, but I will say this: If you haven't played an mmorpg before, think twice before shelling out $50-60 + $15/month on eso.