News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Japan nuked the US in WWII?

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 25, 2014, 02:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

According to some really bad text books in India it happened not to mention cutting trees produces CO3..
Sorry kids..You're not alone in bad text books in India..

//http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26325994
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

Ok, I don't know what the fuck is up with the CO3 thing, so I'm not going to even comment.

But...HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU THINK THAT JAPAN NUKED THE US? The only use of nukes against humans in history and you fuck up who did what to who? HOW?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

It's India. What do you want? The next thing you know your calls for tech support will be forwarded there..  :-$

aitm

Its all due to that fucking Obama and his minions who planted the secret bombs in the towers. Sneaky rat bastard sand nigger......
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"According to some really bad text books in India it happened not to mention cutting trees produces CO3..
Sorry kids..You're not alone in bad text books in India..

//http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26325994
It seems to me the errors in the book were probably just stupid mistakes.  It would have helped if an adult had read the material before sending it to press.  None the less, they are glaring to say the least.

Hijiri Byakuren

Ah yes, the nuking of Pearl Harbor on September 11th, 1941. A day that shall live in infamy.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Jason Harvestdancer

For a long time in Mongolia it was taught that Japan and the US went to war with each other when the US attacked Japan at Pearl Harbor.

Anyone who tried to say it was the other way around was accused of practicing revisionist history.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"For a long time in Mongolia it was taught that Japan and the US went to war with each other when the US attacked Japan at Pearl Harbor.

Anyone who tried to say it was the other way around was accused of practicing revisionist history.
I met a professor who was visiting Purdue back in 1996. He taught history at Moscow U. I casually asked him if the maps in an atlas of WWII with me were accurate. He check the Eastern Front maps and was a bit confused. But when he checked the other maps he was simply amazed. He said none of that had been taught in Russia. The Western Allies' contribution, as taught, was most Lend-Lease. D-Day was a large raid. The Pacific War consisted of the Red Army defeating Japan.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"
Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"For a long time in Mongolia it was taught that Japan and the US went to war with each other when the US attacked Japan at Pearl Harbor.

I met a professor who was visiting Purdue back in 1996. He taught history at Moscow U. I casually asked him if the maps in an atlas of WWII with me were accurate. He check the Eastern Front maps and was a bit confused. But when he checked the other maps he was simply amazed. He said none of that had been taught in Russia. The Western Allies' contribution, as taught, was most Lend-Lease. D-Day was a large raid. The Pacific War consisted of the Red Army defeating Japan.
Holy Shit!  It makes me wonder how much of an illusion we all live under.  I can understand why India might not know who nuked who.  Their attention would probably be on other things besides that.  But the Russian perspective on WWII, given their intense, and I mean INTENSE involvement is comical.  D Day was kind of a big deal to us.  The siege of Leningrad was no doubt bigger deal for them, while it's just something we learn about here almost in passing.

AllPurposeAtheist

Are you forgetting Christopher Columbus discovered Columbus Ohio? :lol:

Gawdzilla Sama

Abraham Lincoln was born in a log cabin he built with his own hands.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"

Holy Shit!  It makes me wonder how much of an illusion we all live under.  I can understand why India might not know who nuked who.  Their attention would probably be on other things besides that.  But the Russian perspective on WWII, given their intense, and I mean INTENSE involvement is comical.  D Day was kind of a big deal to us.  The siege of [s:qtnfjyt6]Leningrad[/s:qtnfjyt6] Stalingrad was no doubt bigger deal for them, while it's just something we learn about here almost in passing.

FIFY

8-)

aitm

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"Abraham Lincoln was born in a log cabin he built with his own hands, and hunted vampires at night with an axe.

fify
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

I sometimes wonder if any of what we're taught as history is factual.  Some of it has to be true..right?