News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God bless you!

Started by Corporal Cross, February 22, 2014, 03:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Moriarty"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Not all religion was bad hijiri. The ancient Egyptians were forward thinkers. They figured out the circumference of the earth only being off by a fraction, just by using two obelisks. But then came the Abrahamic scientific dark ages.... That sort of put us back a few thousand years in terms of technological development.

No one believes in the gods Ra or Isis or Anubis, etc though, anymore. So actually, my point is moot.....  :lol:

Maybe this is where our Atheistic views part ways. :)

ALL religion is intrinsically bad and evil, even against any good they may do. When all the math is done the right side of the equation is a negative number.

The Egyptian religions were probably the worst, or at least best example (Model to be followed.), for the whole "I rule through divine intervention" and "Don't worry about life sucking now, you get to go to a better place when you die, as long as you believe the b.s. we spoon feed you."

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Ancient Egyptians were all good, I was just saying there was more scientific development with people believing in that mythology than the Abrahamic religions. I agree with you that religion sucks horribly. And while I don't think religion is the cause to ALL the world's problems. I know its the reason for a good majority..... like 99.99999% of them...

Icarus

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Not all religion was bad hijiri. The ancient Egyptians were forward thinkers. They figured out the circumference of the earth only being off by a fraction, just by using two obelisks. But then came the Abrahamic scientific dark ages.... That sort of put us back a few thousand years in terms of technological development.

No one believes in the gods Ra or Isis or Anubis, etc though, anymore. So actually, my point is moot.....  :lol:

ALL religion is intrinsically bad and evil, even against any good they may do. When all the math is done the right side of the equation is a negative number.

The Egyptian religions were probably the worst, or at least best example (Model to be followed.), for the whole "I rule through divine intervention" and "Don't worry about life sucking now, you get to go to a better place when you die, as long as you believe the b.s. we spoon feed you."

The Egyptians had a very good quality of life compared to all the other civilizations for most of their dynasties. They had a surplus of food thanks to the Nile and (again depending on the dynasty) got lots of time off for religious festivals where the king or pharaoh (depending on the dynasty) had to foot the bill. The king or pharaoh also had to lead the charge in every battle at the vanguard so they weren't just a figurehead that sat back and did nothing, they actually had to be physically fit. The king or pharaoh also had to run their Sed periodically to prove they where physically capable enough to rule.

Moriarty

Quote from: "Icarus"

The Egyptians had a very good quality of life compared to all the other civilizations for most of their dynasties. They had a surplus of food thanks to the Nile and (again depending on the dynasty) got lots of time off for religious festivals where the king or pharaoh (depending on the dynasty) had to foot the bill. The king or pharaoh also had to lead the charge in every battle at the vanguard so they weren't just a figurehead that sat back and did nothing, they actually had to be physically fit. The king or pharaoh also had to run their Sed periodically to prove they where physically capable enough to rule.

Everything you said may be, and probably is, accurate. It doesn't alter anything I said though. ;)
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Icarus

Quote from: "Moriarty"Everything you said may be, and probably is, accurate. It doesn't alter anything I said though. ;)

Not at all, I was just pointing out that life for ancient Egyptians was pretty good for the time period and the king or pharaoh wasn't completely above the law in certain circumstances. The religion they believed in did follow a certain degree of logic, not in the beliefs themselves but how they followed those beliefs.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"passion is completely right. humanity would be nothing without the moral code and divine manifestation of knowledge from the holy books...religion helps the unification process..although the separation of the faith puts us in greater disarray.
and for all you who tout the advancement of science into the observable universe....realize how useless it is when we cannot even solve any of the problems on earth...since science is straying away from our moral values..it is becoming more and more prone to error..and used for malice(mostly).
[youtube:nelw5dk7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo[/youtube:nelw5dk7]

MitchellDaBomb

This world ecosystem is concretely self-sufficient, Icarus. It evolves as we do.
Greed is the reason there are starving people.
Hi I make music and stuff. You may be surprised.
https://soundcloud.com/sinclair-12

Icarus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"This world ecosystem is concretely self-sufficient, Icarus. It evolves as we do.
Greed is the reason there are starving people.

So there are 0 problems in the world we need to worry about? Awesome I'll go tell ozone that it's buildup in the troposphere isn't a problem. I'll go tell starving people that instead of trying to provide more food for them that we'll try and warm the hearts of the so called greedy people that throw away food, so they'll get more food that hasn't spoiled by the time it gets to them. I'm sure my words of encouragement will fill their bellies and take away their hunger pains. I'll tell them, "MitchellDaBomb says the world evolves as we do and will provide for you with no scientific intervention", despite this being the opposite to all recorded data and observations.

Jason78

Quote from: "Corporal Cross"There is no harm done in practicing my religion, unless we're willing to try crimes of thought as per an inquisitorial edict.

No harm done?   That's demonstrably false.

Welcome to the forum.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

MitchellDaBomb

evolution of ecosystems
http://quaternary.net/necsi/
ATP synthase evolution in the very seeds of life

Icarus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"evolution of ecosystems

Yep, to pump that ATP synthase you need a proton gradient, to get a proton gradient you need electrons carried by electron carrying molecules, to get those electrons and the electron carrying molecules you need to run the TCA cycle, to run the TCA cycles you need acetyl CoA, to get acetyl CoA you need Pyruvate, to get Pyruvate you need to break down larger molecules (typically but not limited to Glucose), to get Glucose or other molecules you need to eat food, in order to eat food you need to have food available. If you don't eat none of this happens and you die. How do you get more food without science?

This:

Was only possible through scientific advancement, billions would have starved to death if not for science.

Mermaid

Yep, to pump that ATP synthase you need a proton gradient, to get a proton gradient you need electrons carried by electron carrying molecules, to get those electrons and the electron carrying molecules you need to run the TCA cycle, to run the TCA cycles you need acetyl CoA, to get acetyl CoA you need Pyruvate, to get Pyruvate you need to break down larger molecules (typically but not limited to Glucose), to get Glucose or other molecules you need to eat food, in order to eat food you need to have food available. If you don't eat none of this happens and you die. How do you get more food without science?

This:
[ Image ]

Was only possible through scientific advancement, billions would have starved to death if not for science.
Well, God made the scientists and guided them through their discoveries.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

MitchellDaBomb

This:
[ Image ]

tell me, does a palm tree gestate dates from human involvement? No..humans only further science which is knowledge which is god. Knowledge is in everything and is all-encompassing. Were only further interrupting the natural evolution by using immoral science to create our own false evolutionary path..we arent being in harmony with our world ecosystem..which is unified with our essence

Icarus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"tell me, does a palm tree gestate dates from human involvement? No..humans only further science which is knowledge which is god. Knowledge is in everything and is all-encompassing. Were only further interrupting the natural evolution by using immoral science to create our own false evolutionary path..we arent being in harmony with our world ecosystem..which is unified with our essence

Prove it.

Jason78

This:
[ Image ]

Woah!  What happened to corn between 1951 and 1971?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"No..humans only further science which is knowledge which is god.
Say what?  :-s
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR