News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God bless you!

Started by Corporal Cross, February 22, 2014, 03:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moriarty

I'm not even going to try to organize my thoughts for this one. Not worth the energy.

-My universal truth is that there is no god. I will not even give it the courtesy of capitalization.

-Why do all Theists assume ALL Atheists worship Dawkins? Good yes but eh...I prefer a good dose of Hitchen's over the others. Much more aggressive in my opinion.

-I can, will, and do reserve the right to get upset to varying degrees at people who "Pray for me." or "Pray for my soul.". You can stick your "prayers" for me up your ...., in fact you can stick all your prayers there, where they may have a better chance of being heard. Do not include me in your delusion please.

I find it to be a very offensive statement really, one may as well call my mother a whore and I do not shy away from stating as much in real life, or the internet.

-Perhaps another universal truth is that there is NO peaceful or benign religion. They are ALL evil and dangerous. Even some 3rd world made up b.s. that may have never hurt a living orgasm as far as I am concerned.

They all teach ignorance and promote stupidity, so despite any claim to being peaceful, they are, in fact, evil and dangerous.

Someone posted a joke graph earlier that basically stated "We would probably already be exploring the galaxy if not for Christianity.". Thing is, to me, it is no joke, but sad reality and not just Christianity, ALL religions.

They hold humanity back from knowing what it is truly capable of, not just scientifically but in all areas.

If humanity hadn't been suckered into this ridiculous idea of religion it would probably have had the common sense and decency to outlaw it.

However, I do enjoy having Theists around. Although the degree to which I will debate/argue with them is directly proportional to their own presentation.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Passion of Christ

Quote from: "Moriarty"Someone posted a joke graph earlier that basically stated "We would probably already be exploring the galaxy if not for Christianity."

Alternatively we could still be sacrificing animals to idols in temples, appeasing the rain god and consulting auguries with an iron age level of technology. Science and an understanding of the natural world developed from religion.

Sal1981

Quote from: "Passion of Christ"
Quote from: "Moriarty"Someone posted a joke graph earlier that basically stated "We would probably already be exploring the galaxy if not for Christianity."

Alternatively we could still be sacrificing animals to idols in temples, appeasing the rain god and consulting auguries with an iron age level of technology. Science and an understanding of the natural world developed from religion.
Tell that to Giordano Bruno and all the "witches" who were burned at the stake.

Passion of Christ

Quote from: "Sal1981"
Quote from: "Passion of Christ"Tell that to Giordano Bruno and all the "witches" who were burned at the stake.

You have about 40,000 witches burned at the stake over 300 years (Jesus didn't particularly insist that anyone should do this) and 90+ million people killed by secular/atheist Communist governments in 100 years just for a comparison.

Sal1981

Quote from: "Sal1981"
Quote from: "Passion of Christ"Tell that to Giordano Bruno and all the "witches" who were burned at the stake.

You have about 40,000 witches burned at the stake over 300 years (Jesus didn't particularly insist that anyone should do this) and 90+ million people killed by secular/atheist Communist governments in 100 years just for a comparison.
Oh please, you want a pissing contest over semantics? Guess who Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot modeled their governments after; you'll be surprised.

Moriarty

Oh, don't get me wrong, all religions are equally responsible for we are not.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Passion of Christ

Quote from: "Sal1981"Oh please, you want a pissing contest over semantics? Guess who Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot modeled their governments after; you'll be surprised.

I don't think they modeled them on the teachings of Jesus Christ and loving your enemy, turning the other cheek and caring for the oppressed and needy. Many Christian nations didn't particularly either but at least they were supposed to do in theory. Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot were supposed to decide whatever was right was right seeing as they had all the supreme authority to decide everything for themselves for everyone, something they very much liked about the atheism deal.

Plu

QuoteI don't think they modeled them on the teachings of Jesus Christ and loving your enemy, turning the other cheek and caring for the oppressed and needy

There hasn't been a nation in the history of the world modeled on that.

Moriarty

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteI don't think they modeled them on the teachings of Jesus Christ and loving your enemy, turning the other cheek and caring for the oppressed and needy

There hasn't been a nation in the history of the world modeled on that.

So true. Unless they misread and did the opposite.
<Insert witty remark>

Hijiri Byakuren

Science was not developed from religion; it developed in spite of religion. If you understood the history of science, you would know this.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

MitchellDaBomb

passion is completely right. humanity would be nothing without the moral code and divine manifestation of knowledge from the holy books...religion helps the unification process..although the separation of the faith puts us in greater disarray.
and for all you who tout the advancement of science into the observable universe....realize how useless it is when we cannot even solve any of the problems on earth...since science is straying away from our moral values..it is becoming more and more prone to error..and used for malice(mostly).
Hi I make music and stuff. You may be surprised.
https://soundcloud.com/sinclair-12

Moriarty

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"passion is completely right. humanity would be nothing without the moral code and divine manifestation of knowledge from the holy books...religion helps the unification process..although the separation of the faith puts us in greater disarray.
and for all you who tout the advancement of science into the observable universe....realize how useless it is when we cannot even solve any of the problems on earth...since science is straying away from our moral values..it is becoming more and more prone to error..and used for malice(mostly).

Religion IS the problem to all the worlds problems. It's a fairly simple proposition.
<Insert witty remark>

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"

Science was not developed from religion; it developed in spite of religion. If you understood the history of science, you would know this.
Not all religion was bad hijiri. The ancient Egyptians were forward thinkers. They figured out the circumference of the earth only being off by a fraction, just by using two obelisks. But then came the Abrahamic scientific dark ages.... That sort of put us back a few thousand years in terms of technological development.

No one believes in the gods Ra or Isis or Anubis, etc though, anymore. So actually, my point is moot.....  :lol:

Icarus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"passion is completely right. humanity would be nothing without the moral code and divine manifestation of knowledge from the holy books...religion helps the unification process..although the separation of the faith puts us in greater disarray.

For sure, when scientists are trying to modify our crops to produce more food to feed our ever expanding population, they are doing it out of malice. Trying to find green alternatives to energy production is the epitome of evil. If trying to prevent people from starving and striving to increase the quality of human life is immoral, I don't want to be human.

Moriarty

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Not all religion was bad hijiri. The ancient Egyptians were forward thinkers. They figured out the circumference of the earth only being off by a fraction, just by using two obelisks. But then came the Abrahamic scientific dark ages.... That sort of put us back a few thousand years in terms of technological development.

No one believes in the gods Ra or Isis or Anubis, etc though, anymore. So actually, my point is moot.....  :lol:

Maybe this is where our Atheistic views part ways. :)

ALL religion is intrinsically bad and evil, even against any good they may do. When all the math is done the right side of the equation is a negative number.

The Egyptian religions were probably the worst, or at least best example (Model to be followed.), for the whole "I rule through divine intervention" and "Don't worry about life sucking now, you get to go to a better place when you die, as long as you believe the b.s. we spoon feed you."
<Insert witty remark>