republican victim of own corruption

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 18, 2014, 09:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Be prepared to cry a river of tears.
QuoteClaiming key GOP campaign strategies could be "exposed" before this year's gubernatorial and legislative races, a Queens Republican operative wants his federal corruption trial delayed until after November's elections.That would be Vincent Tabone, former Queens Republican vice chair, currently on trial for seeking $25,000 for a plot to allow a Democrat to run for mayor as a Republican. Because effing New York politics, that's why. He's still a true-blue Republican, though, as is evidenced by his argument that for him to face trial right now would unfairly damage the party.
"The necessary witnesses to such a trial may include the Republican Party chairmen of the state and county Republican committees in New York," Tabone's lawyer, Deborah Misir, wrote Saturday in a letter to Karas. "Subjecting the Republican Party, its officials and internal political strategies to intense scrutiny, while sparing the Democratic Party, would unfairly undermine Republican Party candidates in the general election.Not just that, but putting him on trial for corruption would expose the party's plans for the upcoming election:
"Questioning of party official witnesses will directly impact federal and state elections being held in New York by selectively exposing Republican Party strategy, the negotiation of cross-party endorsements for Republican candidates," she added. "In short, it could devolve into a political circus aimed at the Republican Party and its federal and state candidates."Well hell, we'd better just let the guy off entirely. Heaven knows the damage that would be done to the nation by exposing how a low-level party official plans out his bribes.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/17/1278261/-New-York-Republican-asks-judge-to-delay-his-trial-lest-it-damage-the-party-in-this-year-s-elections
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Hmmm.  I didn't hear that outcry during the Clinton-Lewinsky hearings.

Solitary

I think the damage has already been done. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Exposing the public to the fact the rubes are corrupt.. Dastardly,  huh?

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Democrats are not immune either.  As Ralph Nader once said, the real conflict in this country is not between left and right, but from top to bottom.

Those at the bottom are mostly fooled into the believing left/right construct by the corporate owned "liberal" media.

Another man, A.J. Leibling said, "Freedom of the press is reserved for those who own one." Look at who owns the media, then start paying attention to subtext, even of the most "liberal" like NPR.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

Atheon

The more Repubes who go down in flames, the better.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

The thing is we're not given the option of voting rich or poor and if we were few people would vote poor. :-$

SGOS

Quote from: "EntirelyOfThisWorld"Another man, A.J. Leibling said, "Freedom of the press is reserved for those who own one." Look at who owns the media, then start paying attention to subtext, even of the most "liberal" like NPR.
And worse yet, look at who owns the political system.