The Fabulous Forbidden Fruit - An Idle Speculation

Started by Unusual Suspect, February 16, 2014, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unusual Suspect

I was browsing a thread on the atheism page of Reddit, and conversation had turned to innuendo about snakes, and I decided that, given how absolutely and seemingly endlessly obsessed about human sex and sexuality...

I decided to look at Genesis in, well, a whole new light.

*bow chicka wow wow*

Yeah, so... yeah.  One side of me wants to go through Genesis taking God and Human interaction looked through the most sexually-repressed lens possible.  Not saying this has any basis in reality, but is pretty much rampant speculation based on the sort of things that, by pure coincidence, would most likely be referred to as vaguely and through as much obfuscating metaphor as possible by, oh, a nomadic tribe 10000 years in the past.

The Serpent's role in this, at this point, shouldn't be hard to figure out.  Despite its acting being wooden, it is quite persuasive.  The consequences of that silver tongue of his also brings enough pleasure to Eve that she tries to get Adam to join the fun.

And God seemed particularly angry that Adam tasted the particular Forbidden Fruit.

Anyway, Food for thought.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: "aitm"a cunning thought.

Yeah, as in Adam and Eve both figured out their plumbing had more than one use.

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!