News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jordan Davis case..

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 15, 2014, 05:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Jury is deadlocked on muder? The prosecutor in this case ought to be tried for malfeasance,  same prosecutor in the Martin case.. He'll be having a tough time prosecuting a spitting on the sidewalk case.  :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well, right now CNN is pretending the rest of the news on earth is irrelevant so I'm heading to a friends place to see if we can fix his chromebook via my tablet.  Fucking Florida.  :roll:

irish

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Jury is deadlocked on muder? The prosecutor in this case ought to be tried for malfeasance,  same prosecutor in the Martin case.. He'll be having a tough time prosecuting a spitting on the sidewalk case.  :roll:

I agree; what a bunch of BS.  I can't believe there is not  a revolt after this deadlock.  Sends the message you can shoot anyone if you want and claims self defense.  Probably couldn't even prosecute a public urination case in Iowa.

SGOS

Stand your ground sounds good.  After all.  You don't want to be a doormat when threatened.  "Stand your ground like a man."  This advice is often given to kids by parents and other well meaning adults.

OK, we have two high profile cases that indicate Stand Your Ground may not have been well thought out.  If we are to expect more of this shit, and if it's because of Stand Your Ground, we may see the law abolished or who knows what?  It might catch on in other states.  It isn't just Florida.  I'll bet there are a bunch of guys itching to shoot someone who's pissing them off.  That's not something we want to encourage, even though a lot of people think it's the manly thing to do.

Are the problems from the actual law, or from what people might think it means.  Does it mean a black kid can shoot a white guy who's being an asshole?  Or does that not hold up in court?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Jury is deadlocked on muder? The prosecutor in this case ought to be tried for malfeasance,  same prosecutor in the Martin case.. He'll be having a tough time prosecuting a spitting on the sidewalk case.  :roll:

Don't understand your rant, APA. What did the prosecutor do wrong in your estimation?

Jack89

Quote from: "SGOS"Are the problems from the actual law, or from what people might think it means.  Does it mean a black kid can shoot a white guy who's being an asshole?  Or does that not hold up in court?
It happens, but the media doesn't see fit to cover those cases for more than a mere mention.  Not enough controversy I guess.  The 2009 Scott-Cervini case in NY is a good example.  Black man claims a white teen attacked him, he feared for his life and shot him dead. Jury found him innocent, case closed.  Fair enough.  Ever hear of that one?  I hadn't until I did a search a few minutes ago out of curiosity from your post.  
News media avoids mentioning race/ethnicity if it's black against white violence, but will feed the frenzy if it's white against black.  Like in this case.  Seems to me this just promotes more racism.

AllPurposeAtheist

Stand your ground seems to mean mere fear quantifies for justifiable homicide and if that's the case I could be justified in killing someone every time I get up to take a piss at the Y and especially taking a shower there.
I'm glad they got him on the lesser charges though and they're going to retry him on the main charge, but they really need to find a prosecutor capable of convicting a chewing gum in class case.
Needless to say that Florida is the last place I'm going with my long hair because I might worry someone.
It's a pussy law for pussys.